December 2015 Moms

Over reacted - but that's normal sometimes right?

So, all day I was thinking about my leftovers from dinner last night as an easy meal for tonight (DH is at work.) I came home to find my leftover box sitting empty on the kitchen table (not so DH ate them!). I'm so irritated! I was just out and about. Couldn't he have at least given me a heads up that he ate it?! I really don't want to go back out and the kitchen is sparce. Additionally, I didn't want to cook. I just wanted to heat up my leftovers! It feels ridiculous even typing this out, but I'm still kind of pissed. Am I just being hormonal? I hope so! It'd make me feel less crazy. LOL! Thanks for letting me vent ladies.

Re: Over reacted - but that's normal sometimes right?

• Definitely hormonal. Lol. When I was pregnant for my son I had a meltdown in Walmart because they were out of frozen spinach.
  • Loading the player...
  • Normal pregnancy reaction. I probably would have cried.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Although I think your reaction was hormonal, at least you can be happy with the fact that he thinks your cooking tastes great! I'm sorry he your dinner plans though :-(
  • fioripfiorip member
    I just had a laugh with your post because I can totally relate and I too feel like a crazy person when it happens. I cried my eyes out the other day when my husband ate the leftover pizza without even asking me. I didn't say anything to him because in my head I knew it would be irrational to fight about that but as soon as he left for work I started crying.
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• I would have done the same exact thing! Thanks for the laugh!

Married 07/29/10 and blessed with our Baby Boy Bowen on 06/17/2013

• I have threatened SO with being kicked out and/or bodily harm if he even THINKS about touching something that is mine. There can be no other food in the house and my main cravings are always still there. He also knows now to never try and make me my vegetable soup which my mom either mails or brings down (2nd time she brought down like 8 cans I'm down to 3 and she is mailing more) he burned a can of it and I can't get that store brand down here and others just taste like salt to me. He's been warned and trained.
  • Thank you ladies! I feel better about it now and you have saved DH from some craziness when he gets home! :)
  • CMDDCMDD member

Although I think your reaction was hormonal, at least you can be happy with the fact that he thinks your cooking tastes great! I'm sorry he your dinner plans though :-(

@bostonbaby1 our positive attitude is the best
  • CMDDCMDD member
    @abuck83 since become ktfu I get really set on something to eat- like I'm obsessed- and have a hard time if the plan changes and I can't have that. So I feel ya!
  • The worst is when you're super set on something and it disappoints. The other day I was SO excited for a Chipotle burrito, and decided to get the tofu things on it for added protein (I'm a veg) and it was ruined... Whatever they use is crunchy and ick. 

SaveSave
  • @beckah31:  That is crazy because I was at a Texas Roadhouse last week and they brought my steak tips out medium and I had to send the dish back...twice!  They couldn't have been nicer about it though.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience!
  • CMDD said:

Although I think your reaction was hormonal, at least you can be happy with the fact that he thinks your cooking tastes great! I'm sorry he your dinner plans though :-(

@bostonbaby1 our positive attitude is the best
    ❤️❤️❤️
  • CMDDCMDD member
    @bostonbaby1 lol i meant to say YOUR positive attitude! hah
  • We went to Houston a few weeks ago for a crawfish boil at a friend's house. They had a keg and DH does not remember how many beers he had. When we got to our hotel, he wanted popcorn. I told him that the lobby probably had some stuff or maybe they had a vending machine that would have some. We were staying in one of those places that has the little kitchens, so a microwave and all that. 

He went to the lobby and they had stuff, but no popcorn. He came back from there and told me, and I asked him why he didn't get a Snickers or something. He said, "But I want popcorn" all sad. I told him, "Welcome to pregnancy!"

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Hahahaha - I love this. 

My last pregnancy I woke up at 3am wanting my leftovers from dinner. I went out to eat the half hamburger with mushroom cognac on a delicious homemade brioche bun (can you tell I'm still bitter?) to find out DH ate it before he came to bed. I was PISSED to say the least. I woke him up (again, it was 3am) and gave him an earful. I was crying and all. I don't ever care about someone eating my food, but I turned into a maniac. I still think about how crazy I was that night! 

imageimage