1st Trimester

Smelly vagina area?

Does anyone else have this problem? I am 9 weeks pregnant and it smells terrible down there :( No itchy or burning, but it's just embarrassing.. Anyone else, have this problem?

Re: Smelly vagina area?

• Could be BV or a yeast infection See if u can get a culture done cause that's not normal for sure.
  • I had this around 9 weeks too. I felt gross ! It was as if I was sweaty down there too. I just got as much air as I could down there and it helped ALOT !
    Also salt in the bath I found helped, that way if there's anything bad there the salts should help, but don't douch it can make it worse by washing away the good bacteria ! Xx
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 9 weeks as well and feel I have the same problem. It doesn't smell like an infection or anything so I am just waiting to see if it goes away!
  • Well mine has thankfully. It was kind if embaressing but all back to normal now xx
  • Gosh, I never thought I'd say this, but I've had a stinky vag too lately. I recently visited my doctor and I know it's not an infection. My body is constantly warm and I have swamp crotch from being so hot all the time. It's lovely I know! I've been drinking a lot more water and using a natural douche I purchased from the grocery store.
    Good luck!
  • I'm glad somebody else said it first. 

For me, it's honestly because i'm peeing way more than normal but still only showering once a day. Unless you have ZERO body hair, the scent stays. And when you pee more than normal, there is more scent buildup than normal. 

If you're sweating on top of that? Forget about it. 

I've started considering a second daily shower. I don't think it's bad but when i go to the bathroom, i notice it if i get too close..
  • I'm glad somebody else said it first. 

For me, it's honestly because i'm peeing way more than normal but still only showering once a day. Unless you have ZERO body hair, the scent stays. And when you pee more than normal, there is more scent buildup than normal. 

If you're sweating on top of that? Forget about it. 

I've started considering a second daily shower. I don't think it's bad but when i go to the bathroom, i notice it if i get too close..
    Hallelujah I'm not the only one! hahaha and yes I have to agree its because of the frequent peeing and water drinking we are doing as well as the prenatal vitamins for me and I make a green juice I drink in the mornings...but @Groovylocks it doesn't matter if you shave down there the smell still happens =D>
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • It does. 

I can't shave my labia frequently - i find it itchy as hell after. But i did once during my pregnancy and you're right, it didn't go away. It just seemed to change into something equally creepy. 
  • @emathes lol! well from what I've been reading we can expect discharge lots and lots of discharge! oh and nosebleeds too
  • I use thin liners and change them every 3-4 hours and haven't had this issue yet. I get to wear scrubs to work so I'm sure the loose pants help too.
  • Just lurking, but if the smell goes away please thank The Lord! Because at 25 weeks I still have this! Get use to it ladies!
  • ALSNJALSNJ member
    This happened with my last pregnancy, and now with this one! It's interesting and odd.
  • Guess this is a common occurrence, I'm 8w along and I've noticed recently my "essence" is kind of unusually pungent lol. I'm insecure about it..Ugh the joys of pregnancy! So worth it though!
  • I never noticed a smell but things were definitely more "swampy." Not sure the best way to put that. LOL

• Does anyone else have this problem? I am 9 weeks pregnant and it smells terrible down there :( No itchy or burning, but it's just embarrassing.. Anyone else, have this problem?

What does it smell like? I'd phone in to your OB line & ask.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• g8trkim said:

I never noticed a smell but things were definitely more "swampy." Not sure the best way to put that. LOL

Swamp-vag & swamp-butt is REAL. Pregnancy during summer is gnarly.

I went commando as often as I could at night. Let it all air out. Also, baby wipes. No shit, a wipe after pee-ing makes you feel reborn. I got the flush able butt wipes.

I will say it again-- the attachable bidet on your toilet will make you feel like a queen & it's MARVELOUS post partum when you can't wipe!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Panty liners are your friends! Also, I agree with PP, I usually just wear a night shirt and no undies at night to get some air flow down there lol.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just sleep naked it feels wonderful
  • Panty liners and the flushable wet wipes will be your friends. For reals.

I'd also put in a call to your OB since you could have BV or a yeast infection, and they can test for the really quickly if your doctor is worried about it.
  • I notice it more when im peeing lol, and it is probably nothing im eating cause it just stays there and im like..."Wtf??? Whats going on down there! God, i hope no one else smells me!!!" I would always end up giving my self and wipe and then a wash with a cloth. Turns out this is actually a normal thing and its actually because our smelling sense is stronger. Its not so much our "lady scent" is stronger, just our noses lol calmed me down but im more on the ball about making sure im clean as a whistle lol!!