September 2015 Moms

Back pain :(

it's like a dull ache but it's almost unbearable. Like I have to crack it but can't. I've always dealt with back pain with aleve or mj but obviously both are out of the question. I know it's a part of pregnancy but is there anything I can do to ease it? Tylenol hardly helps with headaches So I doubt it will work for my back and the only thing kind of helping right now is laying down with a pillow or balled up shirt at the small of my back. I just want to cry because I can't get comfortable.

Re: Back pain :(

• How about a heating pad? I find that to be helpful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aw, I'm sorry.. I've been dealing with it too. I got myself one of those belly support bands and it actually help a lot. I've been waking up feeling like a did 1000 sit ups cuz my belly aches, and I put on the band, go for a little walk, and feel a lot better. It's a full back/over the bump one off Amazon for 20ish dollars.. a heating pad also helps (not too hot, just enough to limber up your muscles) and treat yourself to a prenatal massage ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited May 2015
    I've used a heating pad on my lower back and it definitely helps! The belly support bands also help if you're on your feet a lot during the day. I got this one from Motherhood Maternity for $30: https://www.motherhood.com/mobile/product.asp?Product_Id=976100113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32&kpid=97610-10-S&adpos=1o2&creative=61642597565&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CPykl4Pi7MUCFQiBaQod2k0A_Q
  • SemattiSematti member
    Mine has been horrible too. Ice, heat, and rest seem to help a little. I also got a zero gravity chair today to use outside but I'm currently sitting on it in my living room while I ice my back. So comfy! Preggo back braces are good too.
  • Mine was feeling like that for a few weeks. It's much better now though! I think it was from all the stretching in my pelvic area, my tailbone, lower back, hips and all were so sore, felt like I was riding a horse.
  • I am having the back pain on my right side but more of a middle to upper back dull ache - almost unbearable at times.  It is like 80 degrees out and I turn on the seat warmer in my car to help with the pain...doesn't work as well as the heating pad at home but helps in the mean time.  At work is when it gets super uncomfortable, I work at a desk most of the days and I cannot get comfortable :( I am carrying all in my belly and my boobs have grown by like 10 and so I am attributing it to both of those throwing off my center... I may need to invest in one of the support bands you ladies are referencing...
  • v1wwov1wwo member
    I feel ya pain...literally.