December 2015 Moms

eating too much ?

MamaMia122515MamaMia122515 member
edited May 2015 in December 2015 Moms
I'm only 8 weeks 5 days, but it seems like I'm eating every 5 mins . I know we aren't supposed to be taking in alot of extra calories yet, but it's like I'm constantly hungry. I get terrible cramps and discomfort if I don't eat, though. My meals are smaller but I'm eating a whole lot more often. Is this normal ? Am I just freaking out over nothing ?

Re: eating too much ?

• I got the worst hunger pains every hour. If I didn't eat I was doubled over pain. I tried incorporating more fruit and protein to keep it at bay. I started having protein shakes in the morning with milk and whey and that has really helped. I don't think there is a "normal" as far as this is concerned.
  • kleshellekleshelle member
    edited May 2015
    I always eat small snacks throughout the day, I actually lost 5 pounds (with no ms either) in my first trimester, let's see what second brings! So far my appetite is amped up, I never couldn't eat a full meal in first trimester where I was used to small portions but now I can actually finish a full meal (and sometimes go back for a bit more) lol... But yeah it's normal, it helped my ms to do that. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I am starving constantly. But have been tracking my intake and i barely eat 1000 cals a day!!! Ugh
  • I switched to smaller meals top because I was constantly eating! If I don't my nausea is awful!
  • I was starving from about 7-10 weeks. Waking up hungry at night. It was awful!

Things are much better and more normal now at 12 weeks, 5 days. I think I read that when the placenta is developing, you need more energy and are especially hungry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Try to eat healthy proteins like nuts and complex carbs. I have to eat every couple
    Of hours and I try to eat fruits instead of crackers and other carbs.
  • Im constantly snacking, but if it comes to sitting down in front of a full meal I can only eat a few bites or makes me nauseous. I'm actually eating a salad as I type this, a salad! Up until this point I couldn't eat veggies so maybe at 10w I'm taking a turn.
  • I'm hoping that this severe hunger goes away soon. It hurts my stomach most times. And it reaches the "point of no return" rather quickly. Ie. Going from a little bit hungry to vomiting in a matter of minutes
  • LihnleeLihnlee member
    I was ALWAYS hungry around 8-10w once I passed that mark it started getting better. I was like @grkgdss00 and would sit in front of a full meal and only eat bites. It sucked!

imageimage 

• I wish I had your problem haha
  • oh my gosh. i feel you! i'm always either starving or stuffed to the brim & feel sick. there is no in between!!

I don't know the answer to your question because I feel like I'm overeating all the time, too. I signed up for graze.com (someone in another thread posted about it at one point) so that I have snacks to eat throughout the day while I'm at work. It's a little pricey but the snacks so far have been amazing. You cross out ones that you know you'll never like so that you aren't paying for something you wouldn't eat. I think it was $12 for a package of 8 snacks. 
  • I eat 4-6 small meals a day, with lunch usually being my largest. I am also always hungry and if I wait too long to eat I get very nauseated and feel terrible. My husband has been surprisingly very patient with me constantly complaining about being hungry and needing food RIGHT THIS MINUTE!
  • I am constantly hungry to the point where if I don't eat I feel sick. Even when I do eat I still feel hungry even though my stomach is full. I just want the hunger pains to stop. Not sure if anything will help.
  • I have been needing to eat every hour or so since almost the beginning but it was mainly carbs to keep from throwing up. Now I can eat most anything and I eat constantly but very small amounts so I know I'm probably ok in the calorie dept. remember your metabolism is much better now so eating a little extra won't hurt. As long as you try to stick to healthy foods, you will be ok
  • I'll eat too much and then I feel like the laziest fattest lump of worthless poop afterwards! So tired and dragging. When that happens, I think it's the type of food I ate. When I eat salads though....that is the only time I feel decent after eating.

Excuse my writing...I'm tired.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker