Baby Names

DH is stuck on boys name

thepanicosthepanicos member
edited May 2015 in Baby Names
My husband is stuck on the name Giancarlo for a boy, I'm not feeling it. These are the names on our list..

DH is stuck on boys name 105 votes

Giancarlo
6% 7 votes
Salvatore
9% 10 votes
Nicholas
35% 37 votes
Dominick
30% 32 votes
William
18% 19 votes

Re: DH is stuck on boys name

• As an alternative, since you seem to be going for Italian names, what about Giovanni? My sister-in-law considered it for her boy and I rather like it.
  • OMG i love Giancarlo.....love love
    but i know it is VERY italian which i love

all the names on your list are good. william doesnt fit with the rest to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Kjc4xKjc4x member
    Another alternative: i know a gianluca who goes by Luca
  • Personally I love it but if you don you don't. If this LO would have been a boy he would have been Salvatore so obviously I love that too.

• I like Dominic, spelled without the 'k' on the end. Although Dominick is a proper variant spelling.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Thank you! Our last name is Panico. So obviously I want it to blend nicely!
  • Thank you! Our last name is Panico. So obviously I want it to blend nicely!
    Then I might avoid Giancarlo simply because it ends in 'o', as does your last name, which would end up sounding matchy. 

Nicholas and Dominic also make a similar sound as Panico, but it's not overwhelming so I think either would work just fine. Salvatore Panico doesn't repeat any sounds so flows really well. I think you need to decide which of these three you like best. Good luck!
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I love Nicholas and Dominic! I also prefer the spelling of Dominic over Dominick.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Nicholas and Dominic are great names...
    but there will be no other giancarlos in his class.

Giancarlo goes amazing with your last name. The double O's are common lace in italy, not something that should be avoided.
  • Nicholas and Dominic are great names...

but there will be no other giancarlos in his class.

Giancarlo goes amazing with your last name. The double O's are common lace in italy, not something that should be avoided.
    This. I voted Giancarlo. My second choice would be Dominic.
  • I like Giancarlo, but if you aren't feeling it, I think Dominic is a good compromise.
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    edited June 2015
    I like the suggestion of Giovanni. Also love Salvatore!!! Dominick is great too. Giancarlo wouldn't be one of five which is a plus, and Carlo is a great nn.

I'd either go with Giancarlo, or use Giovanni or Salvatore (Salvatore also makes a great middle name!!)
  • Thank you ladies for your input!! I may let him get away with Giancarlo after all. I'm concerned with nicknames too. I always had the worst nicknames so I want something that isn't easily picked on? What nick names do you think?
  • edited June 2015

Thank you ladies for your input!! I may let him get away with Giancarlo after all. I'm concerned with nicknames too. I always had the worst nicknames so I want something that isn't easily picked on? What nick names do you think?
    He would probably end up being called Carlo, which isn't bad at all.

I voted for Dominick just because I like the nn Dom. ;)