December 2015 Moms

Pain in pelvic normal or not

ive been having really bad pain in my pelvic area for some time now, at my recent checkup last week the ob didn't even bother to check me out or anything she just said it was normal pain from stretching on the inside esp because I had a c-section with my first son ( who will be 9 in dec.) anyone have some advise? I'm 13 weeks my ultrasound showed I was 14 weeks they aren't moving my due date but the pain is very very unbearable at times.

Re: Pain in pelvic normal or not

• Take a Tylenol and rest. If pain persists or is followed with bleeding see your doctor immediately! I too am having quite a bit of pain, but it's very different from cramping and often can be your ligaments stretching and uterus expanding! Realize how much your body is taking on and changing now AND it's been some time since you've had a child (like myself) so you gave your body plenty of time to heal it's now starting the process over again! Try not to stress! I found taking a bath gave me some relief!
  • fioripfiorip member
    After 9 years your uterus has had more than enough time to heal, but sometimes the bladder can adhere to the uterus due to scar tissue and as your uterus stretches, scar tissue pulls and causes pain. As @kristib1027 said, resting is the only thing you can do, Tylenol when pain is really strong and if it gets worse or there's bleeding, contact your doctor. Hope you feel better soon :)
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Loading the player...
  • Try to take a bath or get in a pool. It helped a lot for me last time when I was carrying twins and they were stretching arthritic hips. I don't know if it'll help you, but it definitely helps me.
  • I think it's normal. Especially if you're gassy and/or constipated on top of that.