October 2015 Moms

Baby movement advice needed

hey, FTM need a little bit of advice. Started feeling baby move 2 weeks ago and he never stopped moving! I think I've got used to his pattern I'm nearly 22 weeks now. Haven't felt him moving as much just the odd kick in the morning for the past couple of days, is it normal for the kicking to tail off and am I worrying over nothing.? I've only felt 3/4 kicks the past couple of days rather than all day every day I'm used too TIA

Re: Baby movement advice needed

• It's normal. There are lots of posts like this lately because we're all in that same zone. Regular movement won't settle into a pattern until the third trimester. My clinic doesn't have patients monitor movement until after 28 weeks. It is super fun to feel movement and I think we all know that it makes us feel better knowing that baby is in there and doing well, but it isn't something we should be too worried about until much later. Try to relax and enjoy this time! There will be a time when that baby feels like it's about to pop through your belly wall! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He's still small enough he could've just rolled into a position that you can't feel as well. Also keep in mind he could be kicking around all night and its just not hard enough to wake you up yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for sharing this information, I am in the same boat and I was starting to worry! Glad to know I can relax. 
  • I didn't feel my first one move that much until a little further along. This baby seems to move non stop all day every day! But this is my second pregnancy and everything seems to be very different this time around.