December 2015 Moms

Swimsuits...ugh!!!!

heading to Vegas next week for my little sisters high school graduation and realized that my 6 year old is gonna wanna go swimming during down time...so decided to try on my old swimsuits(all tankinis at least) and definitely feel like I look like a beached whale at 13 weeks...anyone else feeling the pain?

Re: Swimsuits...ugh!!!!

• Ugh, I feel your pain! My pre-pregnancy suit is a one piece that had a skirt attached to it (always had an issue with my upper thighs). I'm going to Florida in July and will be 20 weeks and I know that it's not going to be flattering AT ALL! It'll look odd with a bump, probably stick out all funny, so now I'm on the hunt for a new one but I can't find one I like!
  • I found a new tankini top at target that fit a bit better...I just couldn't bring myself to buy a maternity one...I can't even imagine wearing a swimsuits at 20 weeks you are brave
  • Loading the player...
  • Meh, what do I care... I'll be on a beach all relaxed and I'll never see those people again. I'm bigger anyway so I've always had body issues, not new to me to feel big so I'm just going with it.
  • I went to tjmaxx and filled a basket and asked the lady to hold it and she let me do six at a time. I found one that fit but had ruching and room to grow but is not maternity... saved a ton
  • I am not one who has an option on wearing a maternity suit or not, frankly I can't understand what the big deal is in not wanting to. You have been blessed with growing and entire other human inside you body. Shoot I have no desire to hide that. That being said I am having trouble finding one that fits well. The target ones seem to have this odd notion that everyone has the same size boobs....
  • Ended up buying one from Zuliliy.com fyi
  • Cjaff70Cjaff70 member
    One piece or two piece ? I can't decide
  • BabyVAZBabyVAZ member
    Rosegal has great prices and ones that cover
  • I have maternity tankinis from last pregnancy, but I don't think I'll want to wear them until late summer (if at all) because I feel like they only look cute with a big pregnant belly. I was due in September last time so definitely bigger in the summer. That said, my boobs won't fit in my normal bikinis right now. I'm usually a full C and just bought a double D top today :( I hate pregnant boobs. The maternity bottoms I already have go with my new top though so at least I will have full booty coverage. 

imageimage

• I feel you. Almost 14 weeks and it's an awkward time. I feel like I'm just overweight. Gained weight in my butt and hips. I have a short torso so I feel like a just look like a big bloated belly right now. Excited for the days of a bigger bump so I actually look pregnant.

That said.. no clue about swimsuits lol
  • Ugh I am dreading this too. I take DS to swim lessons every week so I will have to find one that actually fits and looks decent.
  • I'd just find a cute cover up and call it a day. ;)
  • Can you get a maternity suit? Those are designed to flatter the pregnant form and all its glorious curves. I got a cute pink swim dress from motherhood that will grow with me as I change. It looks adorable already.