September 2015 Moms
Options

NJ Momma's

my husband and I have our first wedding anniversary the 19th of June. So we're gonna do our babymoon that weekend and I can't think of anyyyyything I'll actually be able to do or go have any "summer fun." We love going to AC but the hotel prices that weekend are just outrageous. Any ideas as where to stay for a long weekend or activities that won't make me hate life? ha. The beach usually consumes my life all summer but I haven't been going because I doubt I can handle just baking in the sun. Help meeee

Re: NJ Momma's

• Options
    Camping? Maybe. An expensive weekend in NYC lol. Hmm. Never been on vacation In my own state except my campground in north jersey
  • Options
    Wildwood was my old stompin' grounds when I grew up in NJ! Best board walk in Jersey (according to my own opinion). You could do a b&b in Cape May. That way you can just enjoy the town if you are not up for sitting on the beach.

I just can't figure out why the hotels are so expensive in AC. You would think that if they just lowered prices, all of their hotels would be full. But instead they charge $300 and $400 a night and then have to close the hotel because people are not staying there. NJ...sigh...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the Wildwood/ Cape May. I practically grew up in Wildwood and can't wait for my baby boy to get there! If you can try to go before July 4th the prices are way lower. Even better if you can go midweek. I don't know where in Jersey you are from so my next two suggestions may not be good. A weekend or a few nights in Philly could be cool! There are a million restaurants and so many cool sites to see. I've lived here most of my life and haven't seen most of them! Lancaster County could be nice too. A bed and breakfast and shopping at the outlets. It's beautiful out there too!
  • Options

Wildwood was my old stompin' grounds when I grew up in NJ! Best board walk in Jersey (according to my own opinion). You could do a b&b in Cape May. That way you can just enjoy the town if you are not up for sitting on the beach.

I just can't figure out why the hotels are so expensive in AC. You would think that if they just lowered prices, all of their hotels would be full. But instead they charge $300 and $400 a night and then have to close the hotel because people are not staying there. NJ...sigh...

They seem to sell out on the weekends. During the week it's way cheaper.
  • Options
    I'm going to wildwood 6/14 for the week. We usually go in August but figured it was way too late in pregnancy. It was $1400 less for the week in June than what we pay later in the summer. I can't do the rides but I do love the beach. I'm a fair redhead and I go in the morning and set up an umbrella and stay all day. Although it's going to be much different without a cooler full of beer. The water is chilly right now.

I second philly or even the poconos for a nice weekend. I go to the poconos about once a month and I enjoy it. It's much cooler than down here. I'm right outside Phila.
  • Options
    @bpv101283 Poconos... Great idea!