Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

+OPK on CD26...should I be concerned?

Hi everyone.  I've been off the pill for 3 months now and TTC.  The past 2 months, I've had a 29 day cycle.  I've been using OPKs and never received a positive until today.  It is CD26 and I finally got my positive.  My period is due to come on Tuesday.  Should I be concerned?  I'm doing too much googling.  Thanks ladies.  This is all new to me.

Re: +OPK on CD26...should I be concerned?

• Options
    Jilly82Jilly82 member
    So the positive doesn't necessarily mean that I will ovulate?

• Options
    Jilly82Jilly82 member
    I am yes.  I definitely had a temp surge this morning. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jilly82Jilly82 member
    Thank you!!! Off to read

• Options
    MrsDepoMrsDepo member
    edited May 2015
    Also, your expected period date is not on Tuesday if you ovulate either today or tomorrow. The only way to know when your period is due is by adding your luteal phase length to the CD you ovulated on. But you won't know either of these things unless you are temping. Finally, since you just came off BC you may still be regulating when it comes to your cycle length. I had very irregular cycles when coming off BCP but they have started to regulate since then. For example, my most recent cycle was 26 days, the one before 20, then the one before that 18. I don't remember the cycle lengths before that but they were all over the place. I wouldn't worry too much since you are only on cycle 3 after BCP. :)

Edit: @TheBorg7of9 is the best, you should listed to her, she beat me to this.
    Him:31Me:27
    NTNP#1 since 12/14, TTC#1 since 4/15
    LPD diagnosis 9/15
    Femara + TI #1: 12/15 - 1/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #2: 1/16 - 2/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #3: 2/16 - 3/16 = BFP (Squish) 3/18/16, no growth/HB 4/12/16, MC on 5/3/16
    Taking a break from trying to focus on graduate school!
  • Options
    uraniurani member
    Just want to mention that a luteal phase of 10 or 11 days is perfectly normal as well. When it gets down to 9 or less you might have a luteal phase defect.
  • Options
    In my experience an positive opk around my period ended up meaning I was pregnant. This isn't always the case for people. Have you tested with an hpt?
  • Options
    urani said:
    Just want to mention that a luteal phase of 10 or 11 days is perfectly normal as well. When it gets down to 9 or less you might have a luteal phase defect.
    It's my understanding that you would need to see a LP of 9 or less day in 3 or more consecutive cycles for it to be considered a defect? 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    Jilly82 said:

Hi everyone.  I've been off the pill for 3 months now and TTC.  The past 2 months, I've had a 29 day cycle.  I've been using OPKs and never received a positive until today.  It is CD26 and I finally got my positive.  My period is due to come on Tuesday.  Should I be concerned?  I'm doing too much googling.  Thanks ladies.  This is all new to me.

No. Both of my kids are CD20-25 ovulation dates out of a 33-35 day cycle.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    uraniurani member
    urani said:
    It's my understanding that you would need to see a LP of 9 or less day in 3 or more consecutive cycles for it to be considered a defect? 
    Which is why I said might. Obviously something like that would need to be evaluated by a doctor.

I only brought this up because PP mentioned 12 day+ as being normal when 10-11 is perfectly acceptable as well. Personally, I freaked myself out for several months because I had a consistent 10 day LP and thought something was wrong when it was not.
  • Options
    urani said:

urani said:

Which is why I said might. Obviously something like that would need to be evaluated by a doctor.

I only brought this up because PP mentioned 12 day+ as being normal when 10-11 is perfectly acceptable as well. Personally, I freaked myself out for several months because I had a consistent 10 day LP and thought something was wrong when it was not.

Yes. 10 days is fine. 12-16 is average.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I just wanted to add that last month i ovulated really early in the month that i was unaware of.I got a positive OPK right before my period started.You can have multiple surges during the month.
    TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Jilly82Jilly82 member
    Thanks for your input everyone.  I do a lot of research but still have so much to learn.  I appreciate it!