December 2015 Moms

Total TMI...DH itchy after sex?

Elizabella85Elizabella85 member
edited May 2015 in December 2015 Moms
Sorry this is totally TMI, and I've not seen this particular issue addressed anywhere else on the boards.

So DH and I haven't had much sex since our BFP because I've been too sick, but when I'm well enough - we totally jump at the opportunity. However DH is always itchy and a little red afterwards. Does anyone else have this problem? This did not happen prior to pregnancy, and we were incredibly "active".

My doctor has thoroughly checked me for UTI's, yeast infection, and STD's (I knew it wasn't that!!), even though I didn't ask about the issue (I forgot). DH has eczema and really sensitive skin. We're only is basic positions and we don't need lube or anything. So does anyone have any idea what's causing it? Anyone in the same boat? I feel like a crappy wife since he's not getting a clean house, home cooked meals or sex, I'd hoped to make it up to him during second trimester when I hear some women are very in the mood. But we can't if he's that itchy and uncomfortable afterwards.

For the record I WILL speak to my doctor about it at my next appointment. Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Total TMI...DH itchy after sex?

• I personally found I was much dryer than I had thought. For short rounds neither really noticed, but H always had to lube up if it was a longer session.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• IDK...DH complains that I'm too wet.
  • Loading the player...
  • I get told I'm too wet too. I know he will probably HATE this idea, but what about using condoms until you can figure out what's going on?
  • LOL - yep! He hates the idea!! It's a little amusing how much he protested that. But I agree with it.
  • stavrazstavraz member
    I found that sometimes DH would get itchy if I even had slight yeast (that didn't test as positive but very slight). I would go to doctor and it didn't pick up as a full blown yeast infection but if my balance was slightly off down there he would feel it. Being pregnant I'm sure our balance changes a lot down there so even if it's not yeast, something along those lines with the ph balance during pregnancy could be the issue. I would also suggest condoms for a bit - maybe the ultra ultra thin ones? :-)
  • LOL - yep! He hates the idea!! It's a little amusing how much he protested that. But I agree with it.

LOL!!! He'd rather have itch junk than use a condom... Men 8-}
  • kimb311kimb311 member
    Are you taking progesterone suppositories?
  • You swell up down there some...my bf gets red and sore and itchy and sometimes his foreskin rips. And i am far from dry lol talk to the dr about it though to make sure. All my yests came back negative too. Including yeast. So my dr said its most likely due to the swelling in there making things snugger
  • kimb311 said:

Are you taking progesterone suppositories?

I am not, my progesterone levels are okay right now.
  • Thanks ladies - that makes me feel better that some things can be a little off even if all tests are good.

Can't wait for the next appointment on Wednesday!

LOL!!! He'd rather have itch junk than use a condom... Men 8-}
    I know, right!?!? LOL
  • I have heard of some men being sensative to their partner's changing pH levels. See if cleaning up, or wiping off afterwards helps.
  • kleshellekleshelle member
    edited June 2015
    This is complete opposite, yesterday we did the deed and I felt awful afterwards... Not itchy just uncomfortable and it felt like I just rubbed rubber all up in there.... I think from swelling but it was miserable feeling. Sex was a lot more enjoyable for me first trimester... Hopefully it gets better because I can't handle that.. :((
    Anytime I used a condom I'd get that feeling (bc it'd swell from the rubber) YUCK any one know what can help w this?
  • tmmonfre said:

I have heard of some men being sensative to their partner's changing pH levels. See if cleaning up, or wiping off afterwards helps.

He has eczema, so we've literally never had sex without cleaning up afterwards.
  • kleshelle said:

This is complete opposite, yesterday we did the deed and I felt awful afterwards... Not itchy just uncomfortable and it felt like I just rubbed rubber all up in there.... I think from swelling but it was miserable feeling. Sex was a lot more enjoyable for me first trimester... Hopefully it gets better because I can't handle that.. :((
    Anytime I used a condom I'd get that feeling (bc it'd swell from the rubber) YUCK any one know what can help w this?

Lots of lube? And maybe drink a lot of water? I have no idea.
  • Lube isn't... Uh needed and I've been drinking water like crazy. Just hope this part goes soon bc he's needy lol!
  • tmmonfre said:

I have heard of some men being sensative to their partner's changing pH levels. See if cleaning up, or wiping off afterwards helps.

He has eczema, so we've literally never had sex without cleaning up afterwards.
    Try cleaning really good before and see if it helps!
  • lalg28lalg28 member
    Yeast infection?
  • kleshelle said:

Have you been tested for a latex allergy?? That was my first sign.... Mine is now so horrible SO has to take car for all repairs, I be in the same room as rubber... Stinks because they use it at work and have to have me on Benadryl and closely monitored when I go into the plant. I'm a cost accountant so that's constantly
  • if it is not an yeast....it usually happens after you shave.......and for the people that are "too wet' that is your baby...it will probable stay like that the rest of ur pregnancy and ur man just have to get over it.....it happens because of blood from ur monthly is being held and this is what make discharge and wetness...hope that this make sense, if not u can google it and learn more....
  • My boyfriend is the same way after sex he's itchy and red he said he's talked to a doctor and he's allergic to something from all the hormonal changes that we have durning pregnancy but he's very needy so he just cleans up afterwards and he's fine..