1st Trimester

soft cups and pre seed

djohnson5112djohnson5112 member
edited May 2015 in 1st Trimester
hello, I'm new to this stuff but I was hoping to get so inspiration from other's success stories. My husband and I have been TTC for about 6 months now. I don't temp but I do keep track of my cycles (always have). My cycles are usually 26-29 days. I've been using opk for the last 3 cycles and I usually peak at day 13&14. Hubby and I both take vitamins and eat fairly healthy. My question is how many of you have used either pre seed or soft cups (or both) and had a SUCCESSFUL pregnancy. I keep hearing so many mixed reviews about pre seed and it's sort of discouraging . Please help !!!!

Re: soft cups and pre seed

• I KNOW what pre seed is and I know what it does I was asking for anyone that has USED it.
  • Loading the player...
  • kmcc14kmcc14 member
    I KNOW what pre seed is and I know what it does I was asking for anyone that has USED it.
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't still make preseed if no one ever got pregnant while using.  Obviously there are people who have used it and gotten pregnant.  As @walbs said, it's just lube.  It isn't going to increase your chances of getting pregnant.  And the only thing soft cups are going to increase your chances of getting is a UTI.  It can take a healthy couple a year to conceive.  You can increase your odds by temping and having well-timed sex.  OPKs do not confirm ovulation.  Temping is the only thing that does.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you for your response
  • There's a board for TTC, you might get more responses there rather than in 1st Trimester....
  • djohnson5112djohnson5112 member
    edited May 2015
    @queenwog I tried that board as well but In my original post I made the mistake and said temping was crazy (for ME) and I haven't gotten anything but nasty responses
  • But guise, OP is speshul. She needs our help!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Wow thanks
  • I'm sorry i don't know what these things are. We tried for exactly 1 year and didn't use anything but DID go for bloodwork to make sure my body was working ok. The week after results came back as normal, we found out i was pregnant. 

I should have used the ovulation sticks but they may not have helped much. I ovulate a week earlier than i thought I had. 

So anyway, long story short, did you try a stick? Like an ovulation test kit? Is that what these are? Again, I'm unfamiliar. 

If you're really having trouble, go get your levels checked. And make sure your husband/bf gets his sperm health and motility checked as well. It helps to rule that out right upfront. 
  • @queenwog I tried that board as well but In my original post I made the mistake and said temping was crazy (for ME) and I haven't gotten anything but nasty responses
    Well, of course you got bad responses, you basically called all of the tempers (and there is A LOT of them) crazy.  Why would they want to help you after that?

Anyways, I was using preseed when I got my BFP, but I do NOT think I got pregnant BECAUSE of it (after all, I didn't get pregnant for the 4 months that I was using it).  I just needed lube.  You will be for sure discouraged if you think that's going to be the ticket to getting pregnant, because it's not.  The ticket is having well-timed sex, which you will know if you choose to do the crazy temping.  THAT is what helped me get pregnant (along with Progesterone pills, but that's a different story).

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP