Tight pelvis, anyone? — The Bump
July 2015 Moms

Tight pelvis, anyone?

Hi ladies.

I had an appointment yesterday.  Doc said another doc (there are five in the practice) had made an earlier note that I have a tight pelvis.  He asked if anyone had mentioned that.  Um, no.  So,he basically explained that this could lead to difficulty during delivery and there is a chance that they would do a c-section to prevent me from having to go through the entire process only to have to have a c-section in the end anyway.

He said that nothing is definite at this point.  (I'm 34 weeks today.)  Just wondering if any of you ladies have experienced anything like this.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Numajawara

Re: Tight pelvis, anyone?

• blukatsblukats
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper
    I have this exact problem. Unfortunately no one told me until I got to the hospital last time to deliver my son. So I labored for 22 hours and pushed for 3 hours for them to determine my pelvic bones were just to narrow to deliver vaginally. So I did have a c section and I'm having another one this time. That doesn't mean you will. It really depends on how narrow your pelvic area is as well as babies size. My son was 8lbs 15oz so a bigger baby, had I had a smaller child the c section may have not been necessary.
  • I'm very petite. Before I got pregnant I was wearing 00-0 and in rare occasions size 2. I've been told that my baby measures big and my husband is 6 feet tall so I'm quite concerned. Apparently the 1st time around they let you try naturally. I'm praying for a short labor.
  • Hi ladies.

I had an appointment yesterday.  Doc said another doc (there are five in the practice) had made an earlier note that I have a tight pelvis.  He asked if anyone had mentioned that.  Um, no.  So,he basically explained that this could lead to difficulty during delivery and there is a chance that they would do a c-section to prevent me from having to go through the entire process only to have to have a c-section in the end anyway.

He said that nothing is definite at this point.  (I'm 34 weeks today.)  Just wondering if any of you ladies have experienced anything like this.

Thanks!

Your pelvis can expand during labor. No way to know for sure until it's time to deliver. Personally I wouldn't allow a c-section without seeing if I could deliver naturally first there are positions to push in other than lying on your back that will make more room for the baby also.

Kmommy5mdhale328