November 2015 Moms

I'm annoyed with being pregnant

It's been eating me up for the past few weeks, and while I'm very very excited, so many things have been getting on my nerves. People are treating me like I'm less than capable of taking care of things for myself. They examine how much I eat and drink like it's their business. No hands have come for my belly yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to punch someone the day that happens.
I hate being tired and nauseous. I'm sick of not getting any sleep because all I do is pee. I'm sick of my in-laws feeling entitled to be there for the birth. I don't even want to think about a baby shower yet and my MIL is asking when I want to do it and suggesting October (which would be fine, but I'm not trying to travel 6 hours to DH's hometown while 8 months pregnant) and then she gets upset when I day it might be too late for me to travel like that.
I just want everyone to leave me alone... and this sounds like a bitchy rant, and for that I'm very sorry. Just had to get it off of my chest.

Re: I'm annoyed with being pregnant

• I know how you feel. If I lift something remotely heavy then my mother flips out.

Chill, its 15 pounds! My daughter is heavier then that and I lift her all the time!!
    YCSWU
  • I feel you, sister. Luckily, no big family drama here yet but I can sense it coming. H's family knows no boundaries and I know that I will need some private time with my newborn after the birth. SIL likes to invite herself to stay in our home whenever she pleases and we do not get along well. FIL is particularly bad with pop-ins (we live in the same town) and I don't need him seeing my boobs as I try to breastfeed. I, too, am beyond sick and tired of the nausea and vomiting. I'm 15w today and thought I would be into this magical 2nd tri that everyone raves about but instead I still feel like crap.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had a lot of issues yet cause I'm still not showing at all and have had almost no lasting symptoms apart from tiredness, but goodness, people--I'm pregnant, not disabled. I work in a library and my supervisor didn't want me putting books away on the lower shelves. She didn't want me bending down. I did it anyway because seriously? I can still do those things. All the things. I think I, of all people, would be the first to know if something was outside my capabilities right now.

People are annoying.
  • I have noticed my fuse is shorter with people. Especially my ILs, who I love normally but pregnancy has made me slightly less patient with them. I don't show it, but I certainly get more irritated easily over simple things sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm tired of feeling like crap!!!! Everyday It's something. Hang in there, just keep saying its worth it. And with family, just be patient.
  • modanz1modanz1 member
    I can't say that I am annoyed with it, but I certainly don't get that "I loved being pregnant" thing some women talk about either.  Maybe once I can feel the baby I will understand more.
    YCSWU 

• scw89scw89 member
    Just tell people what I do: "I'm pregnant, not disabled!"
  • I'm sooo over this pregnancy stuff. This is number 4 and proud to say my last,but not enjoying it due too the lack of support from the other person. Im opting for C section to also have a tubal ligation. They can have it!! :)>- :(( [-(
  • anneof2anneof2 member
    edited May 2015
    I get so sick with my pregnancies, this is absolutely the last one. I'm so grateful to be finally out of the first trimester. I don't like feeling this way. My friends all love being pregnant and they say they miss it so much and are jealous that I am having another baby. It makes me feel like there is something wrong with me to not like being pregnant. But I see no joy in nausea, vomiting, passing out, bed rest, pains, and exhaustion for the 9 months duration. I wish I could be a happy, glowing pregnant lady. But I will just have to be a very happy mommy instead once this baby is here.
  • anneof2 said:

I get so sick with my pregnancies, this is absolutely the last one. I'm so grateful to be finally out of the first trimester. I don't like feeling this way. My friends all love being pregnant and they say they miss it so much and are jealous that I am having another baby. It makes me feel like there is something wrong with me to not like being pregnant. But I see no joy in nausea, vomiting, passing out, bed rest, pains, and exhaustion for the 9 months duration. I wish I could be a happy, glowing pregnant lady. But I will just have to be a very happy mommy instead once this baby is here.

All your friends are crazy! And the fact that it's all of them is weird. I know a few women who enjoyed it but far more who didn't. You can totally love the result without loving the process!
  • @kmkrushi Preach!!! Love the end result hate the process.