Baby Names

can't stop thinking about this name...

so i work at a dry cleaner & a woman probably in her mid 30s comes in with the name ARKAYDIAH. it took a second to register but when i said it out loud back to her my heart just took to it & now i can't stop thinking about it. i really like it alot & she said people call her "kaydi". just curious as to what others think about this name?

Re: can't stop thinking about this name...

• Is that a made up spelling of Arcadia? Whatever it is, I can't get behind it.
  • erajp51erajp51 member
    it must be. that's how she spelled it when she dropped her cleaning off.
  • Loading the player...
  • If it's spelled Arcadia, then it's okay. Otherwise, it looks like a made up mess of a name.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Very confusing spelling. It makes me think of an arcade. Maybe you could take the R out and name here Akadia? Just a thought
  • "You girls keep me young!"

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • erajp51erajp51 member
    i didn't mean i was wanting to spell it that way. i had just heard it for the first time ever & really liked it!
  • g8trkimg8trkim member
    There is a town near me called Arcadia. I'm sure there are others. That spelling is atrocious!

• erajp51erajp51 member
    queenwog said:

That spelling looks trashy. Arcadia isn't bad, NMS, but not bad, but... Arkaydiah looks like you fell asleep on the keyboard.

it was a woman's name that brought cleaning into my job. i didn't ever say i would spell it that way. i just liked the name in general when i heard it & i never ever heard it before then.
  • I'm aware of that, I can read, too. Just a commentary on her spelling. Not the first person on TB or even this thread to give commentary on a bizarre spelling someone encounters. No need to get upset.
  • Arcadia is the name of a city here in So Cal... so that's what I think of. Doesn't seem like a name for a person. Her spelling, Arkaydiah, is atrocious. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Ridiculous.
  • I drive a GMC Arcadia... An suv.
  • I drive a GMC Arcadia... An suv.
    Acadia... not Arcadia.