August 2015 Moms

Anyone's baby dropped yet?

I feel like today baby is super low (yes, I could be wrong about her dropping already) and I'm having a lot of pressure down there and it's kind of a painful crampy feel. No pushing pressure and only a few BH. I'm 30w3d. Up cooking and a few times I had to stop and lean over to help elevate the pain. Anyone else feel like baby has already dropped? Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated!

Re: Anyone's baby dropped yet?

• I could be very wrong. But everything I have read seems to say this happens more towards 34 weeks into labor.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Yeah DD didn't drop till 38 weeks so I'm trying to remain calm and think positive! Just really need this baby to hold off till her due date!
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2015
    Depends. I'm could definitely happen sooner than 34 weeks. Everyone is different and it seems like STM's+ experience everything sooner so it makes sense. Keep an eye on it.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Everyone says when it does happen, it literally feels like a bowling ball falls onto your vag from the inside. Can't wait for that! lol.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • It's within the realm of possibility, not hugely probable, but definitely possible.
  • I had a doctors appointment at 30 weeks 2 days and baby has already dropped head down and way down! However my cervix is shortened so they put me on progesterone to prevent preterm labor. Hoping she stays in there long enough though.
  • My baby has never been up! Always below my belly button most movemeny low and I can tell when he's head down which is 90% of the time.
  • My baby has never been up! Always below my belly button most movemeny low and I can tell when he's head down which is 90% of the time.
    Most babies are head down. When you approach your due date baby's head will actually engage into your pelvis and this is commonly referred to as "baby dropping."
  • How long does it take for a baby to drop? Is it an instant thing that takes a few minutes or slow over the course of a day?
  • Robin910 said:
    How long does it take for a baby to drop? Is it an instant thing that takes a few minutes or slow over the course of a day?
    It probably varies from woman to woman. I very distinctly remember the moment it happened with DD1. It was an instant bowling ball in the vagina sensation. I had her several days later. DD2 was more of a gradual discomfort. She was fully engaged at 33 weeks but stayed put until 39 weeks. I waddled a lot :)
  • DD has been head down for over a month now but like pp said this being my second baby I may just be very aware of all the feelings and changes during pregnancy