Ruby or Sage? — The Bump
Baby Names

Ruby or Sage?

we are trying to narrow down our lists. We are set for boys names with Simon or Gabriel. For girls we are trying to decide between Ruby or Sage. I like that they are short and sweet. Sage, to me sounds more earthy and may work better as she matures. Thoughts?

Re: Ruby or Sage?

• Again, I say Ruby. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Ruby! All day. Every day! Sage just reminds me of food. 
    July Siggy Challenge (LFAF) - Real Housewives

imageimage
  • I wrote a response on the other thread

• Gotta go Ruby on this one.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks! Sorry this the the first time i posted a discussion and I think it went up twice:( Yes Sage does make me think of the herb but Ruby makes me think of a gemstone. Neither makes a difference to me but I see the consensus is Ruby so far:)
  • Ruby.
    LFAF October Signature Challange
  • Ruby. 100%
  • Oh my, we had the same names on our lists!!! What did it end up?
  • Ruby.
    The only Sage I know is an NFL QB - super masculine.
    Anniversary 
  • I don't love Ruby, it's just nms but Sage is awful.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Definitely Ruby.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I prefer Sage. Not sure why people don't like it. Makes me think of Paige but less popular and earthier; both good things.

Nothing wrong with Ruby, but it feels very southern to me. Like her full name would be Ruby Lou and she hangs out on the bayou all day... Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's just nms. 
    emilyray14jsawickibameierambercakes92
  • Ruby is better, more classic and feminine to me. Sage feels trendy to me and I don't like food names.
  • I only know one person named Sage and it's a guy, so I favor Ruby.
  • Ruby....I've never been a fan of Sage as name
  • I love Gabriel and for a girl Ruby is so spunky and adorable. Not a fan of Sage...

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Ruby is the name I wish I could use but my husband really doesn't like it.

So I vote for Ruby!
  • I like Ruby better. But the more I think about Sage, the less I dislike it. It's short and uncommon, two things I like in a name.

For the record I like Simon over Gabriel! And for eventual sibsets (?) if it matters to you, Ruby does sound better with those names.
  • If I had a son I was going to name him Sage. It doesn't fit as a girl name to me. Pick whichever you like most though! It's your child. (:
  • Thanks ladies. We are going with Gabriel for a boy and the newly discovered Clair for a girl! Classic, not too popular and short and sweet. So pumped. Plus 2 people I know had babies this summer and named them Ruby... Too trending.
    bameier
  • Ruby! :-bd
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Clair looks a little unfinished without the 'e' at the end
    mrstrax
  • I like Ruby way better.