Baby Names

name advice

We are struggling with names... We are team green so need to be prepared for both.
So far we have narrowed to the following two for a girl.

Alice Elizabeth (both family names) we love Alice but I feel bad as my sister in law has commented that they would use that name if they had a girl in the future.
or
Ella Elizabeth Alice (too long?)

Struggling even more so with boys...
Leo Graham (both mine and my husbands dads are called Graham)
or
Joey Edward Graham

Any advice? X

Re: name advice

• Alice Elizabeth is great! You are pregnant your SIL is not and may never have a girl. If she does she can still use Alice. If you love it use it.

I love long names but don't care for double middle names. Ella Elizabeth Alice is just too much and although Ella technically isn't a form of Elizabeth it almost seems it and sounds odd paired together. Ella Alice also sounds odd.

Leo Graham is nice. Joseph Edward or Joseph Graham are both good. Joey is a five year old and not good as a given. Joseph gives him more options and will present better as an adult even if he still goes by Joey/joe.

• Alice Elizabeth is lovely. I don't like Ella with Elizabeth and two middle names seems like a nuisance. 
    Leo Graham is ok. I don't like Joey as a given. Joseph with the nick name Joey is nice. Joseph Edward or Edward Joseph. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • bbiutmcph said:
    Alice Elizabeth is great! You are pregnant your SIL is not and may never have a girl. If she does she can still use Alice. If you love it use it. I love long names but don't care for double middle names. Ella Elizabeth Alice is just too much and although Ella technically isn't a form of Elizabeth it almost seems it and sounds odd paired together. Ella Alice also sounds odd. Leo Graham is nice. Joseph Edward or Joseph Graham are both good. Joey is a five year old and not good as a given. Joseph gives him more options and will present better as an adult even if he still goes by Joey/joe.
    All of this! Alice Elizabeth is fantastic! Joseph Edward is my preference for a boy.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Thank you. Our close friends have a little boy called Joseph (which is a lovely name) so think we will steer clear.
    Really struggling with boys names. I am a school teacher and although I shouldn't its hard not to associate names with children I have taught, so a lot are crossed off.
    You are right about Ella Elizabeth... Just realised when you said. Good job I posted ;)
  • nurse714 said:
    Alice Elizabeth is lovely. I don't like Ella with Elizabeth and two middle names seems like a nuisance. 
    Leo Graham is ok. I don't like Joey as a given. Joseph with the nick name Joey is nice. Joseph Edward or Edward Joseph.

Amen to all of this...especially the Joey part! 
  • Alice Elizabeth is fantastic. The other one is too long and I don't like Ella. Leo Graham is your better boy option. Or Joel Graham instead of Joey.
  • Alice Elizabeth and Leo Graham are great!

• Love
    Alice Elizabeth

Joseph graham I like
    Henry graham
    William graham

I think because graham in only 1 syllable you need a 2+ syllable first name
    I love graham as a first name too....
  • Alice Elizabeth and Leo Graham are wonderful. Have you considered a more formal name of Leonardo for Leo?
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Alice Elizabeth is great! I personally think all family names are fair game and are okay to use multiple times within a family.
    Leo Graham sounds a little incomplete to me, but I love Leo. And not a fan of Joey as a given name. Maybe just Edward Graham?
  • Alice Elizabeth <3

Love using Graham as the middle name for a boy. Leo or Joseph would be fine with Graham.

• 4N6s4N6s member
    Alice Elizabeth.
    Whoever is pregnant first (with a girl), gets it. She may never have a girl or a child.

I love Leo. If you choose Joey, I'd use Joseph.
  • Alice Elizabeth and Leo Graham