June 2015 Moms

FFFC - Flame Free Friday Confessions, 5/29

2»

Re: FFFC - Flame Free Friday Confessions, 5/29

• @rrcameron21 I wish I could get away with that but someone's watching my patient while I pee so my minutes are all accounted for. I just felt like a really crappy nurse today and felt like my coworkers were picking up my slack and were pissed about it...I don't blame them. I shouldn't be working 3 12 hour shifts in a row.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2015
    amark11 said:

I posted last week that a really good friend's fiancée asked to stay with us for 2 nights, three days, in our one bedroom. I am 39 weeks along. And rather than say no, because I couldn't, I gave a passive aggressive, "Yes, but I'm just putting out towels and sheets and you need to fend for yourself."

I forgot to wash fitted sheets, so she is using a flat sheet on the couch that doesn't stay in place. She leaves early and comes late (8 am and 10 pm) because she is here for grad school seminar, and is trying to stay out of our way. She's being a total peach, and I lay in bed in the morning wide awake, pretending I'm not so I don't have to be social... Then just realized she is seeing all my Facebook activity, totally blowing my "I'm sleeping" cover.

I feel like a giant ass. I'm normally a much more gracious hostess. I half want to apologize for my behavior, but somehow admitting I'm being an ass makes me feel worse about it. Ugh.

I'm also being a less-than-gracious hostess... FIL got in at around 1130 last night and I conveniently became exhausted around 1030-11, and went to bed before he arrived. Oh well... I'm 3 days (!!!!) from EDD, I'm horribly uncomfortable, and I'm cranky. I'll try to be nicer when we all get up in a few hours :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amark11 said:

I posted last week that a really good friend's fiancée asked to stay with us for 2 nights, three days, in our one bedroom. I am 39 weeks along. And rather than say no, because I couldn't, I gave a passive aggressive, "Yes, but I'm just putting out towels and sheets and you need to fend for yourself."

I forgot to wash fitted sheets, so she is using a flat sheet on the couch that doesn't stay in place. She leaves early and comes late (8 am and 10 pm) because she is here for grad school seminar, and is trying to stay out of our way. She's being a total peach, and I lay in bed in the morning wide awake, pretending I'm not so I don't have to be social... Then just realized she is seeing all my Facebook activity, totally blowing my "I'm sleeping" cover.

I feel like a giant ass. I'm normally a much more gracious hostess. I half want to apologize for my behavior, but somehow admitting I'm being an ass makes me feel worse about it. Ugh.

I'm also being a less-than-gracious hostess... FIL got in at around 1130 last night and I conveniently became exhausted around 1030-11, and went to bed before he arrived. Oh well... I'm 3 days (!!!!) from EDD, I'm horribly uncomfortable, and I'm cranky. I'll try to be nicer when we all get up in a few hours :)
    DH says we get a pass and don't need to give it a second thought. And he can be pretty critical of these situations. Good luck with your FIL!!
  • amark11 said:

amark11 said:

DH says we get a pass and don't need to give it a second thought. And he can be pretty critical of these situations. Good luck with your FIL!!
    Thank you, good luck to you, too!! I'm sure I'll be venting on here a lot today haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker