TTC after 35

Odd and Scary Situation: Long Post

Hi all, my name is Jenny. I've been on The Bump for a while, but this is my first post. My husband and I (both of us are 37) are TTC. I had X-Rays of my lower back yesterday and now and worried I may be pregnant. I thought I had started the day before the X-Rays, but the bleeding only lasted one day then turned to spotting the next day then was done. This is not at all a normal flow for me. I am so worried. As much as I want a baby, I am fearful that if I am there will be adverse effects (cancer being the biggest threat) due to the radiation in the X-rays. I should note that my teenage son is fighting leukemia right now and I know that is playing a huge role in my fear. I have taken four home pregnancy tests, one today, and all have come up negative. But I am nauseated and feel bloated. Has anyone had a similar situation or offer words of wisdom? Thanks in advance.

Re: Odd and Scary Situation: Long Post

• Hi Jenny. If you are getting negative test results you're probably in the clear assuming your period showed up at it's normal time. Sometimes you just don't bleed as much as usual. It's not unheard of. I'd wait a few days or even a week and test again to be sure. I understand how you feel with the ex-ray, just try and relax and cross that bridge when you get there. You may gave nothing to worry about. Good luck!
  • Negative tests means not pregnant at this time, so no need to worry.
    Hope your son beats his leukemia.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • With all the stress you are going through between your son and your test, your body probably just didn't bleed as much, with the timing and the number of negatives you've had, your most likely not pregnant, but take another test next week if you are still anxious.  Good luck to your son and your family.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. I'm still dealing with the symptoms that led to the X-rays, but I am hopeful that whatever is going on is not related to pregnancy. It is an emotionally intense time in my life. I'm guessing the stress is finally taking its toll. Thanks again.