August 2015 Moms
Options

What pregnancy no-no do you miss most?

I really have enjoyed being pregnant. It's a special time and after having a loss, it's something I don't take for granted. HOWEVER, there are certainly some things I miss. In no particular order:

1. Sushi
2. Advil (specifically the blue gel ones)
3. Alcohol!!
4. Medium rare red meat

What about you?

Together since '07
Married since '12
Off the pill since 5/14
BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

Re: What pregnancy no-no do you miss most?

• Options
    1. Rollerblading
    2. Heavy lifting at the gym
    3. Jumping around
    4. Subway sandwich(pile on the bologna)
    5. Strawberry daquari!!!
  • Options
    Alcohol. And eating what I want without having to check my sugar.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't had a bologna sandwich in years but just knowing I can't have one makes me crave it so bad!
  • Options
    Long distance running.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Well snowboarding this past winter
    Now no surfing this summer :(
    Alcohol
    Mid rare meat
    Certain cheeses and sushi grade tuna
  • Options
    A margarita or a glass of wine!

(I also miss sleeping through the night without getting up to pee every 2 hours, but that's not a pregnancy no-no. LOL)
  • Options
    I really miss my sex drive, my husband and I use to have sex 4-5 times a week!! I miss beer so much too and Bloody Mary's.
  • Options
    Baby2HGBaby2HG member
    Booze, beer, wine...

(My non pregnant body)
  • Options
    Sushi, beer, and wine
  • Options
    1. Alcohol
    2. Bike riding (especially in summer!)
    3. Rare - medium rare meat (I prefer my steaks practically mooing)
    4. Generally just not having to worry too much about what I put on/in/around my body

• Options
    A cold beer while sitting around the campfire
  • Options
    Missionary position. ;) and sushi. Ugh, I love sushi. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it.
  • Options
    kmsundermannkmsundermann member
    edited May 2015
    Breathing :) and beer lately.
    Eta breathing isn't really a no no, just something I miss the most!
  • Options

My pre pregnancy body and wardrobe.

Same here
  • Options
    Brie cheese.
    Snowboarding and skiing (I hate that I'm going to miss this season).
    Being able to roll over in bed or get out of bed easily.
    Running at the park with my dog.
    Carrying anything that is deemed 'heavy' by my husband (who won't let me carry things anymore).
    Cake batter and cookie batter.
    Random ham, chicken and eggs that I didn't prepare myself.

I still have a glass of wine / champagne at special occasions and medium-rare red meat but I do miss being able to have those things in excess!
  • Options
    Beer and being able to shop wherever I want. Also I would love for my feet to not be swollen but the humidity isn't helping that!
  • Options
    I miss liquor, orgasms, and being able to smoke on occasion

Otherwise I have not given up much. I still eat sandwiches, have my steak medium rare, eat soft cheese ( most is pasturized in the US ), and even have an occasional beer. My baby has been doing well
  • Options
    mrsb30mrsb30 member

My pre pregnancy body and wardrobe.

Same here
    This! I didn't get a cute pregnancy body, I miss my pre pregnancy body. I haven't really given up anything though. I still eat subs, I just toasts them.
  • Options
    LaurmiLaurmi member
    Happy Hour! Boat Drinks! We have the best restaurants and bars in my town and this time of year when it's sunny and gorgeous out, it's so strange to not head to one of our favorite places for some after work cocktails! Also, we're putting the boat in the water this weekend and I have to say that I'm not as enthusiastic as I usually would be because of having to go slow to avoid any chop or bumps and because seltzer in a koozie just isn't the same. These are obviously not bad "problems" to have, but it just takes a while to get used to. I plan on doing LOTS of swimming and floating this summer.
  • Options
    Wine (I have a bottle sitting in my fridge taunting me lol)

Running/ working out

Sandwiches

My mobility
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Brie cheese.

There is pasteurized Brie!!!! I get the wegmans brand (if you're in the northeast) but trader joes has pasteurized Brie too, and I'm sure it exists in other stores!!
  • Options
    alichamb said:

Brie cheese.

There is pasteurized Brie!!!! I get the wegmans brand (if you're in the northeast) but trader joes has pasteurized Brie too, and I'm sure it exists in other stores!!
    I love the pasturized Brie at Costco
  • Options
    Red wine, hot yoga, sushi, cold beers on a hit day!!!!

• Options
    Fish. We love fish at my house and I hate having to limit my intake :( That and a glass of wine.
  • Options
    Margaritas
    Playing roller derby
    Being able to comfortably workout (everything hurts and gets swollen so fast, ugh).
  • Options

Alcohol.  I do have a small glass of wine every now and then, but it is so not enough.

Clothes.  Most maternity clothes are seriously hideous to me. You can fork over tons of money for the really nice stuff, but I have hard time dong that for clothes I will only wear a couple of months.  I don't have an issue with getting nicer things in my regular wardrobe because I consider it an investment (especially work stuff).

Sex.  Pregnancy sex is not for me.

• Options
    Hoagies
    Wine / Beer / Margs
    Sushi
    Licking the bowl when I'm making cookies
    Running longer distances

• Options
    Bickey11Bickey11 member
    edited May 2015
    Sitting next to my pool with a martini in my hand. The water bottle is just not a very good place holder.
    Oh and being able to see my lady parts to shave them...who knew?
    I miss sushi, but i'm still eating some cooked rolls from time to time, so i'm not completely deprived.
    BLUE CHEESE, i'm dying trying to eat a salad with no blue cheese or feta
  • Options
    Carbs and Sugar!  

I still eat sushi every once in a while when I can't fight the urge anymore, and I also still eat medium rare red meat, but only because anything cooked further tastes horrible to me.  I just limit myself on those. 

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I miss wine but I look at it like this if I can drink chocolate yoohoos then it's not all that bad.
  • Options
    Is there a reason that people are limiting soft cheeses other than the pasteurized/non-pasteurized thing?  You know most, if not all, of the cheeses you buy in the states are pasteurized and safe to eat?  I have even bought and ate Bree that was "made in France" but still pasteurized. 

• Options
    1. Riding the motorcycle
    2. Eating raw batter and cookie dough
    3. My sex drive
    4. Being able to easily shave my crotch
  • Options
    lilhoeklilhoek member
    Oh wow.... I miss... (most of these things are related more to being on modified bed rest, rather than just pregnancy)

not trying on 17 things before getting dressed 
    going to Target!
    getting dressed for something other than going to the dr twice a week
    going to work!!!
    working out (ok, really just walking more than 100 steps without tremendous pressure)
    not taking 20 pills every day
    not shoving a progesterone up my vagina every night
    going for wine with my friends
    blissful ignorance on things like twin to twin transfusion, small for gestational age babies, doppler cord readings, etc.

BUT!! The minute these boys come out of me, the real fun begins and I will miss having them securely inside my belly instead of wrangling 4 boys under the age of 7! :)

• Options
    I miss date night drinking and having sexcapades with hubby! Oh.....and I miss cigarettes. ...sigh.
  • Options
    NORMAL SEX. So. much.

Alcohol for sure. Mostly just want some cold beers on a hot days.

Biking (not that I think it's bad, it's just so uncomfortable now), scuba diving, zip lining, jumping on a trampoline, HOT YOGA. Oh how I miss these activities.

And pretty bummed about missing Burning Man this year.

But if ever there was a good excuse... I do suppose this is it!
  • Options

Is there a reason that people are limiting soft cheeses other than the pasteurized/non-pasteurized thing?  You know most, if not all, of the cheeses you buy in the states are pasteurized and safe to eat?  I have even bought and ate Bree that was "made in France" but still pasteurized. 

There shouldn't be a reason to avoid if pasteurized and agree that it is rare to find non pasteurized cheese in the U.S.

The likelihood of getting sick from eating deli meats is also extremely low (much more likely to get sick from contaminated produce) but it's ok to be paranoid when pregnant.

• Options
    Margaritas!!