Baby Names
Options

Middle name for Scarlett

am&nam&n member
edited May 2015 in Baby Names
I like the name Scarlett but wanted to incorporate the middle name of Emma ( family name). What are your thoughts of Scarlett Emma? Last name is two syllables.

I love the name Emma but am hesitant to use as a first name since it is so popular in my area.

Re: Middle name for Scarlett

• Options
    It doesn't flow very well. I think Emma Scarlett sounds better.
  • Options
    I agree, it doesn't flow very well. And Scarlett is becoming veryyyy popular.  But if you are still set on Scarlett, suggestions for middle name: Louise Lorraine June Mae Maren Claire Wren
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    am&nam&n member
    Thank you ladies, I do agree about the flow, just wanted other opinions. I do like Louise!
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    What about Scarlett Emmeline??

I really like Scarlett Louise too though
  • Options
    Scarlett Emilia? :)
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Sounds odd together.
    Scarlett Emily? Idk...
  • Options
    Scarlett Marie

I realize you really want to use Emma. But the two names clash. 
  • Options
    Who cares if the names clash? I think it sounds fine! How often does anyone ever call you by your first and middle name together? If Emma has meaning and is a family name; then use it as the middle name. If you love Scarlett use it as the first name. The most important thing is that the first and last name go together nicely. How many of your friends/colleagues middle names do you even know? Sorry, people get so stuck on this first and middle name flow thing and I think it's ridiculous. Hate to say it, but most people won't even know your child's middle name.
  • Options
    Agree with the Scarlett Emmeline suggestion. But honestly if it's important to you to use Emma, just name her Scarlett Emma. Yeah the flow is a little off but it's still a perfectly pretty name.
  • Options
    To be honest Scarlett is crazy trendy so personally I prefer Emma which is popular but more classic popular.  I think Emma Scarlett is a nice name.  

• Options
    Emma is more trendy than Scarlett. You have to decide if the flow bothers you more, or whether not using Emma as the mn when it's a family name bothers you more. I like the idea of a takeoff name too based on Emma.