1st Trimester

progesterone dropped? What does that mean?

I just got back from the doctors and my progesterone level dropped from 10 to 6.  Has anyone else had this?  I haven't talked to my doctor yet because I just went in for bloodwork and asked the lab what my last progesterone check was. She didn't make is seem like it was a goods sign.  Hopefully talk to the doctor tomorrow.  

So confused and scared.  Anyone else have this issue?  What did you dr say?

Re: progesterone dropped? What does that mean?

• cnmagnicnmagni member
    I can't say that my situation is the same, but it is similar. I got my first round of blood tests this past Friday and my results indicated that my progesterone was only 5.6 when it should be 12 or 13. I go back in on Monday for more blood tests to see if they have elevated or to see if I have miscarried. I'm really hoping it is not the latter. I mean this in the best way possible: I'll keep you in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy!
  • You will prob be put on progesterone. It's super common. I use 3 a day vaginally because my level was 14.7 a few weeks ago. Progesterone just kinda helps maintain and nurture the uterus/fetus until your placenta forms and takes over from what I understand .