July 2015 Moms
Options

Due July 30th and done with work

ayone else have 9 weeks to go and just sick of going to work because they never feel good?

Re: Due July 30th and done with work

• Options
    I have 7 weeks left.  I dont mind being at work because I sit behind a desk all day.  I'm just done being pregnant in general.  
  • Options
    I'm a teacher and we have 3 weeks of school left...I don't know if I'm going to make it through all of that AND graduation with any of my sanity intact. I got really big really fast (retroverted uterus so baby was hanging out wayyy back there until 26 weeks or so when he made my belly EXPLODE) and I'm having a lot of back pain because of that. I'm over this whole pregnancy thing. I just want my (happy, healthy, full-term) baby, dangit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    asun123asun123 member
    I'm due July 21st. And yes, I have been soooo done with work.
    Mostly because I've been having medical issues and it seems like I'm either at Labor and Delivery or work.
    Plus I have a 2.5 year old to take care of.
    Cannot wait until maternity leave! 
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    8 weeks to go here and yes, so done with work. I usually enjoy my job but these days everything just annoys me and physically coming into the office takes all my energy for the day. If it wasn't for my work from home days, I don't think I'd make it.
  • Options
    Due July 9th....last day of work is June 30th..... SO BORED!!!  They already hired my replacement so I pretty much spend my day with Google.  I know this is a blessing and I am getting paid for doing very little but there are a million things I would rather be doing at home!  24 more days until I am DONE! 
  • Options
    Well, school ended for me last Friday (YAY!!), BUT as assistant basketball coach, I'm STILL at work for basketball practice... I don't think I'll be able to keep this up for long. I'm starting to hurt and the pressure "down there" is getting worse. I'm due July 5th and I just wanna lay around until then! I'm in Louisiana, and it's just too hot to do anything else!
  • Options
    kjuenkekjuenke member
    Yes, I work on my feet, and I hate it! I'm due July 10! Thinking I'll be done sooner than I planned lol
  • Options
    I'm due July 13th and due to finish work this Sunday. I'm definitely ready to finish as I'm tired all the time, struggling with breathlessness and palpitations (I'm anaemic), leg swelling, heartburn, back and pelvic pain. I'm on my feet so much and don't really get adequate rest. They have reduced my shift length from 13 to 10 hours rather unwillingly for the last 3 weeks and are constantly bringing it up making me feel pretty miserable. I'm really hating it at the moment and I'm being a super grumpy wife and mum so roll on Sunday and I'm out of there xx
  • Options
    Due July 11th and I'm at work until June 19th which is still 3 weeks away
    :( wish I could finish sooner but money would be too tight. Just keep powering through I guess
  • Options
    I'm due July 5th, so about 5 weeks to go. I'm only part-time, so it isn't THAT unbearable. But still tired of being there
  • Options
    @erinnlou due July 5th too! :D
  • Options
    rnasirrnasir member
    Due July 27... My feet are killing me :( swollen like 3 slices of bread
  • Options
    Due July 20..so over work... I'm a waitress and I can't hang like I used to.. was going to work until July 1, but my back hurts so bad I can't even move without it bringing tears to my eyes... i gave away all of my shifts this week... going to doc tomorrow for advice on what to do.. ugh!
  • Options
    I'm due July 26th. And am at a job where I'm on my feet the entire day. Customer service is by far a horrible job for any pregnant lady to have lol, cause not only are your feet swollen and your tired, but then you have to put on a happy smile for customers!! Ugh. I'd love to say what my end date is but will be working until I literally physically can't anymore, with my son I worked until the day b4! Fun fun!
  • Options
    July 5th too :) work is hard, I'm a social worker. Love what I do, but my energy just isn't what it used to be, I find myself coming home and waking up wiped out...
  • Options
    rnasirrnasir member
    Do any of your workplaces have like a rest area? I swear I feel like there should be one at every office so that pregnant or breast feeding moms can rest... :( It's such an important thing as taking care of employees only increases their productivity.
  • Options
    mommy1922 said:

Omg that was actually a typo lol I didn't even realize. I'm due July 3rd. Not sure why I put 5th. :-?? Pregnancy brain. :))
  • Options
    I'm due July 21st but my last day of work is July 10th and that STILL seems too far away!!
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so lucky!  School/work gets out in 2 weeks; I'm due mid-July.  I'll (hopefully) have an entire month off before she is born.

Sending love to those of you on your feet all day!!!!  I hope you get great pampering every day when you return home.
  • Options
    qtjo5qtjo5 member
    I am due July 2 and plan to work up until my due date. I feel great so there is no reason for me to burn my sick time if I can go to work.
  • Options
    Due July 28th, repeat c section scheduled for July 23rd. I'm a physical therapist in a hospital and my job is getting very hard to keep up with, not to mention chasing the 16 month old when I get home. My body is telling me to slow down, had to come home early today bc of contractions :/ I want to keep working but it is getting super tough!
  • Options
    Due July 1st. Thought today was supposed to be my last day but my boss changed her mind. I have a replacement already who's working my regular shifts, im just filling in for now when some one needs a shift covered.
  • Options
    Girl I'm due July 30th and quit almost a month ago. I was just over it. No one really cared I was pregnant and I'm financially stable without it, could use the extra money but whatever. Granted, I did work on a golf course in the Georgia heat and I'm taking 15 hrs worth of classes for the next 2 months. It was just time to go.
  • Options
    I'm due July 11th, but I just recently resigned from my job, I worked at a warehouse lifting packages for 9 hours. My fiancé and I just thought I need to take these next 6 weeks to rest and prepare.
  • Options
    erinnlou said:

mommy1922 said:

Omg that was actually a typo lol I didn't even realize. I'm due July 3rd. Not sure why I put 5th. :-?? Pregnancy brain. :))
    :)) :)) That's ok lol!! I probably won't make it until than anyway. I'm thinking mid to late June is my date.
  • Options
    mommy1922 said:

erinnlou said:

mommy1922 said:

:)) :)) That's ok lol!! I probably won't make it until than anyway. I'm thinking mid to late June is my date.
    I'm thinking a July 4th baby for me ;) My son was late, so I figure this one will be too.
  • Options
    Does anybody know about the AMA guidelines for modified work during pregnancy? Starting at 30 weeks... My doc just wrote me a letter for modified work and so I think I'll be able to go until my due date on July 28!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    julzyjulzy member
    I'm due July 13th and totally over it. I have an hour and a half commute each way and it's completely exhausting. My doctor said no more commuting after 37 weeks so I'll be working from home after June 22nd. Glad there's an end in sight but still feels sooooo far away! Very grateful that I'll be able to work from home though so I don't have to use leave before baby comes.
  • Options
    rnasirrnasir member
    Ladies... I'm in so much stress at work. I gave my boss a notice of almost 10 weeks. I'm 31 weeks today but ever since I told him, it's like he's always finding ways to show me down. :( I feel so degraded. I mean it's nice of him to congratulate me and approve my leave. :( but everyday I'm trying to work with him but he's trying to get me worked up by asking so many irrelevant questions. I don't know what to do. I'm not a Canadian but this is the first time I have felt degraded and incompetent. We have started recruiting and he won't even let me do the interview and I'm the ops manager. :( what should I do???
  • Options
    Im due July 21 but not starting my maternity leave on July 8. Im a nursery RN, our work sounds easy but a lil strenuous. It makes me very tired after work but makes me distracted. I choose to work till nearest to my due date coz knowing myself, if i get my leave early, ill just stay at home doing nothing which i know which i know wouldnt be good for me and the baby.
  • Options
    Due July 28th and our last day of school is June 26th. I have no idea how I am going to make it with this heat.
  • Options
    YES, 8 more weeks to go. I work on my feet and deal with people all day, needless to say, I'm sore and my patience are running thin! Haha
  • Options
    kyw13kyw13 member
    Due July 7 and put in my work schedule til July 11! I'm a nurse on a post partum floor so if I go into labor, I guess I'm in the best place possible even though I won't be delivering there!
  • Options
    wca2005wca2005 member
    @hankhunter

I'm also due July 5th and am a social worker! What specific field are you in? I'm in child welfare and although I would love to work until closer to my due date, my body is really starting to tell me to rethink it! Lol
  • Options
    Due July 4th. Working until I go into labor. Wish I could stop earlier, but it's a career for me, not a job, and there isn't anyone to cover. Unfortunately, that means 60 hrs a week on my feet and I've been contracting pretty regularly every 10 minutes since 26 weeks.... Super jealous hearing everyone else's last day. Even a couple days off would be amazing.
  • Options
    I'm a peds ED RN and I'm working until June 27th with a scheduled c-section on July 1st. I however, only work PRN which is one 12 hour shift a week-plenty with the other days spent chasing a 23month old while my husband is at the firehouse! However, my coworkers don't want to deliver a baby at our work since childbirth makes everyone nervous so I have strict instructions not to come in if I feel like labour might happen :)
  • Options
    I was so looking forward to my 18 weeks of leave until I got told I won't need to be returning after I finish on June 19th.. So my 18 weeks will have to be spent finding a job instead of enjoying my new baby :/
  • Options
    Oh that's sucks @biaromoy - can they even do that?
  • Options
    I'm working until the baby comes but I am so over work.  I'm an RN still stuck on 12 hour night shifts in a busy ICU.  I have no patience for any bullshit anymore and there's a lot of it where I work.  If this baby comes 2 weeks early, that would be great.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    @sarahsairsair my boss is using the excuse that I will be requesting leave (4 weeks shy) before 12 months of employment which can be grounds for termination of my contract. Oh well blessing in disguise I hope