July 2015 Moms
Options

Thursday randoms !

So I am 33 weeks today ! I can't sleep at night or get comfortable during the day because of this crazyy heat! And on top of that my AC is not working so I am sweating bullets... Today I am going to my brother in laws wedding and I don't know how I'm going to survive with the crowd ... I'm stressed :(

Anyways what are you ladies up to today?,!

Re: Thursday randoms !

• Options
    hwood5hwood5 member
    I woke up to my AC not working as well. I was not happy for it to be over 80 degrees at 6:30 in the morning lol. Thankfully, the thermostat just needed new batteries. Today I have a hospital tour and i'm hoping it goes well so I can decide on which hospital to deliver at.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hwood5 you're lucky its just new batteries, I need a new AC :( and I hope you enjoy that tour! I'm going on a hospital tour next week!

@SnarkasaurusRex snissing = hell for me lol and isn't that so sweet of them :) I quit my job since last month so no colleagues throwing me a shower :'(
  • Options
    Jkp7749Jkp7749 member

We have a wedding to go to this weekend. My husband is in it and for some reason they are all spending the night at the river tmw and then hanging out alllll day before the wedding (it is at night). I have never liked sleeping alone and we had some trust issues (not cheating, just doing DUMB things) for a long time at the beginning of our relationship, and for like 3 years now it hasn't been a worry but for some reason I just worry he'll do something dumb like he used to. I am trying not to care that he's going but I'm stressing already.

Today is my last day at work- and we're all going to a creamery to hang out and do some silly awards :) Seems like it will be a nice last day!

• Options
    @Jkp7749 try not to worry too much so you don't stress yourself or baby out... On the other hand try talking to him before he goes, tell him how you are feeling and who knows he might just end up not spending the night out and just see them the next day to hang out.. Guys seem to lose it when they're together lol

And aww hope you have fun since it's your last day :)
  • Options
    I'm sitting at the airport getting ready to go to Cuba! It's a work trip, I'm taking a group of 18 alumni and donors on a licensed people-to-people exchange. I can't wait because it's a once in a lifetime experience but I'll miss DH. This is the first time we've been apart for so long (13 days) and I'm sure he'll miss feeling baby kick at night, and I'll sure miss cuddling him. I also hope I don't go super early and have to worry about giving birth in Cuba!
  • Options
    hwood5 said:

I woke up to my AC not working as well. I was not happy for it to be over 80 degrees at 6:30 in the morning lol. Thankfully, the thermostat just needed new batteries. Today I have a hospital tour and i'm hoping it goes well so I can decide on which hospital to deliver at.

I had this happen to me once in the winter. I woke up and my house was almost as cold as it was outside.
    Don't even get me started on how stupid I think it is that your house tries to kill you just because the thermostat needs some damn batteries haha
  • Options
    @Numajawara I am so sorry for you to be without ac I think I would go to a hotel! Lol! I can't take the heat!

I have a dr apt today with a new dr who will actually be my surgeon. (I am having c section) I can't stand my dr anymore. She has been annoying the shit out of me. All she cares about is how much weight I've gained. She cancels so many appts and I just don't feel like she cares about me. She still shakes my hand when she comes into the room everytime like we are meeting for the first time and forgot the rogam sp* shot I had to remind her. So with 4 weeks to go I am switching Drs. I hope is goes well I am nervous, but this is the right decision.
  • Options
    @ktyrd007 omg Have Fun!! I wish I was going to Cuba

@lovermyboys I'm thinking bout that hotel idea lol and sheesh I will switch doctors to if that's how my doctor was smh hope all goes well !
  • Options
    Bugs1718Bugs1718 member
    edited May 2015
    Not much going on today but I have a Dr appt and ultrasound tomorrow morning! If all goes well, this will be my last ultrasound (they are doing this one because little one had some fluid in her kidneys at 23 weeks and they want to see if it's gone). 8 weeks to go!
  • Options
    Have a drs apt today and I have no desire to go. I hate driving there , looking for parking for an hour only to be seen for five minutes.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    Have a 3d ultrasound rescan since baby girl was uncooperative last time back at 28 weeks, 34 weeks now can't wait to see what our munchkin is looking like now.
  • Options
    In a few weeks, I'm going to stay with my parents until the baby comes and then stay for a few weeks after she's born for support and help. I'm faced with the decision of whether I should keep my comfy cozy apartment, or move in with my parents permanently which is what they'd like. My mom is so excited about this baby, but she's not the "take over" type LOL I'd very much still be MOMMY to my daughter, but they just want to help out and spend time with their newest grand baby. Now, I CAN afford to keep my own space and provide for the both of us, but if I move home, there will be no daycare bills, and I'll be able to save for my own house in a matter of two years. So many positives with this move, but I'm so used to living on my own! Decisions, decisions....
  • Options
    Just chilling today, we cleaned and got most of the house ready for the baby yesterday :) and I can't wait for my brother to visit tomorrow for the weekend. :D
  • Options
    corndogrobotcorndogrobot member
    edited May 2015
    @Ckorines :I'm glad you are ok! Sorry you fell! But good to know your emergency response team is in full effect!
    We closed on selling our house yesterday and closing on the new house tomorrow. Not looking forward to the process of moving and packing but ready for this to be done. Hoping the "nesting" will kick in and help with the unpacking.
    My 3 yr old says he's "not gonna sleep in that new room until it is my favorite color: blue!"
  • Options
    @corndogrobot thank you momma! Apparently our babes our well protected in there! Good to know.

Ps give the kid what he wants and paint that shit blue! Do it!
  • Options
    Oh the blue is def happening!!
  • Options
    @Ckorines omg!! So glad you're ok!!
  • Options
    Thank you! The only thing bruised is my ego. It was a sloppy fall.
  • Options
    So I know a lot of ladies get scolded by their doctors for gaining too much weight. Today, my midwife made a comment about not gaining enough. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and have gained 20 lbs. She said not to restrict my eating, the goal is 25.
    First off, I still have 5 weeks, I'm sure those 5 lbs will come quickly.
    Secondly, why would I restrict my eating. That seemed like a silly comment.
    And thirdly, If I only gain 20 lbs my entire pregnancy, thats pretty normal.
    She acted concerned or like I was trying not to gain weight. I gained like 35 with my first and most came towards the end, so I'm honestly not cincerned at all. Not really sure why she brought it up.
  • Options
    @erinnlou she would hate to have me as a patient I've lost 32lbs.

I seriously don't get the weight issue unless their is a medical reason like GD or the people that "eat for two" and end up gaining 100+lbs bc of it.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    @gotdiesel2007 I know right. I'm pretty on track with weight gain. I found it so odd that it was even mentioned. It's like they want something to make you nervous about.
    I think she was just trying to find SOMETHING because I always go in there with no problems and she feels seriously not giving me advice lol
  • Options
    rnasirrnasir member
    And that is how my feet are these days :(
  • Options
    Had my 32 week appointment today- Up until now baby and belly have been measuring right on track, baby was was 50th percentile in growth at my last ultrasound at 26 weeks. Today doctor measures my belly and says I'm measuring closer to 35 weeks! She didn't seem too concerned, but she did schedule me an ultrasound for the 9th to see what LO is up to in there. I'm trying to stay positive because she did say it's only a tad bigger than normal (had I been measuring 34 weeks instead of 35 she wouldn't have bothered with the ultrasound) but I can't stop speculating on what could cause that much growth in the 4 weeks since my last appointment.

On the bright side, I didn't think we would get to see LO again before her due date so that will be nice. Fingers crossed she is just a big healthy baby and nothing else is going on!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is anyone else severely nauseous?! I just want to cry
  • Options
    I thought it was Friday the majority of the day...
  • Options
    @rnasir I don't want you to be self conscious at all. However my cousin posted a picture of her feet that swollen and ended up having pre-eclampsia. Has your doctor seen? I just want you healthy and if it's just swelling, then who cares! But pre-eclampsia got scary for my cousin. Just looking out and sorry if I made you self conscious! That was not my intention.
  • Options
    rnasirrnasir member
    mirrenrue said:

@rnasir I don't want you to be self conscious at all. However my cousin posted a picture of her feet that swollen and ended up having pre-eclampsia. Has your doctor seen? I just want you healthy and if it's just swelling, then who cares! But pre-eclampsia got scary for my cousin. Just looking out and sorry if I made you self conscious! That was not my intention.

No no not at all... I did show my feet to my doctor and she suggested compression stockings. I walk a lot and even at work its a lot of walking. :( so I think it's just swelling but I will definitely bring it up again at my next appointment June 2nd. Thank you for your suggestion!!! Hugs...
  • Options

Is anyone else severely nauseous?! I just want to cry

Yup. I throw up and get naseous every day pretty much all day and it sucks because I also have bad headaches and that just makes it worst. Make sure you are drinking a lot of fluids and watch what you eat, sometimes certain foods can trigger your naseau to get worst.
  • Options
    It's 2am and im eating raviolis and fritos...I can't sleep and I have felt so hungry all day! I feel like I'm suffocating everytime I lay down.