June 2015 Moms

Unpopular opinions Thursday!!!!!!!

2»

Re: Unpopular opinions Thursday!!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I am so uncomfortable without a bra. I can't not wear one. My boobs have always been large but until pregnancy they 'stood their ground' so to speak... I've been accused many times of them being fake. Well, that's all over. It's such a foreign feeling to have them touch my skin underneath or touch each other in the middle I can't deal with it. Yuck! I told FI after I'm done having kids I want a lift to put them back where the good Lord intended.
    Under normal circumstances, this is me. But since becoming pregnant (and having my boobs have like a massive growth spurt - up 3 cup sizes and my milk hasn't even come in yet!), I'm all about no bra when I'm at home. Especially at night. I think that 90% of the problem is that I'm probably not wearing the right size bra anymore, but I really don't want to buy new ones when I'll probably just need to again in a few weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @amccoy129
    This is my SD! She's 7 and I end up the bad man because I make her acknowledge people and respond to hellos and things like that. This is also the kid who can't button/snap her own pants at our house because her mother has never put her in anything with buttons or snaps! It's a struggle. I could go on and on!
  • speaking of stranger danger. The boy I work with tends to ignore me when I ask him to wait for me when we go on walks. He's even walked away. Soooo.. If my kid does that more than 3 times after I talk to her and explain why it's not safe, I'm gonna get a friend she doesn't really know to sneak behind her and just snatch her up. Traumatizing? Yes. Will she keep walking away? Probably not.
  • NPR UO: I am pro-gun and I hunt (when I'm not pregnant). Obviously, I use extreme caution and I have all guns locked away in a safe. Flame away! Lol.

Lol I love that the link to the gif is "fat guy shooting his gun".

I own my own gun as well, though I was not able to bring it when we moved to NJ- ridiculous laws here. I have always enjoyed going to the shooting range with my dad, it was our bonding thing as I got older. Never been one for hunting though.
    Haha. Didn't even notice. I finally figured out how to GIF. So I've been adding them to almost every post just because I can! It lightens the mood.

My papaw taught me to shoot. I'll always cherish those. I totally forgot it could be considered unpopular until I realized that not everyone on this board is from the same area I'm from. I don't know a single person around here who doesn't own a gun.
  • NPR UO: I am pro-gun and I hunt (when I'm not pregnant). Obviously, I use extreme caution and I have all guns locked away in a safe. Flame away! Lol.

Lol I love that the link to the gif is "fat guy shooting his gun".

I own my own gun as well, though I was not able to bring it when we moved to NJ- ridiculous laws here. I have always enjoyed going to the shooting range with my dad, it was our bonding thing as I got older. Never been one for hunting though.
    Haha. Didn't even notice. I finally figured out how to GIF. So I've been adding them to almost every post just because I can! It lightens the mood.

My papaw taught me to shoot. I'll always cherish those. I totally forgot it could be considered unpopular until I realized that not everyone on this board is from the same area I'm from. I don't know a single person around here who doesn't own a gun.
    I don't think I actually know anyone at the moment who owns a gun! I mean, I know people who do own guns, but no one that I currently see/talk to. I did shoot some once at an indoor range, though, but it wasn't for me. Crazy how different it is in different areas!
  • Is this an unpopular opinion? I don't know. It certainly will be unpopular with my MIL. But... I really, really don't want anyone other than me or my husband (excepting necessary medical care) to hold baby right after birth. Maybe the first 24 hrs or so? Probably won't be able to get away with that. (But counting on using the importance of skin-to-skin contact as a valid reason to avoid handing her over to grandparents in the first couple hours after birth.) I just feel so protective of her already, it makes me feel queasy to think of sitting in the hospital room with visitors who are holding her for an extended period of time, I already feel myself wanting to say, "Give me back my baby!" And even after those first sacred hours, I don't anticipate wanting to hand her over to others much. The desire to stay physically connected to her seems to even override my (strong) people-pleasing desire, because when I picture people asking if they can hold her, I feel ready to say, "Thanks so much for asking, but no, not right now." Sure, there will come a time when I'm too sleep-deprived to care or simply have to get in the shower, but we've waited SO long for this baby and I don't know if I'll ever get to go through pregnancy or birth or have a newborn ever again... I want to hold her every moment I can.

Get the nurses on board! They will keep people out as long as you want them to! Also, what we're doing is texting people when we're ready for them to visit. Everyone has already been alerted to this. If they decide to be in the waiting room, fine, but they're still not going to be coming to see baby until they get the text saying we're ready for visitors. And that's not happening until not only skin-to-skin is over, but I've also had time to shower and rest up a bit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Not a UO with me! We're big gun fans around here. I grew up around a dad and uncles who hunted. I shot a little in college but a few years ago me and my sister decided we wanted guns of our own. She got two, keeps one in her nightstand and one in her truck (concealed weapons license). DH and his dad are very into shooting and a couple months after we got married I went to a gun show with them. They were looking for ammo and were kinda mad that I was the one that walked out with a gun. It's a purple Ruger SR22 and they even like shooting it. We have 2 gun ranges within 5 minutes of our house and FIL loves buying range time and gun accessories for us as Christmas gifts. DH and I had actually just gotten our concealed carry license and were looking for a carry weapon for me the night before BFP. I haven't shot any while pregnant because it's loud, but it is great stress relief and I would love to get in a range. Like @klkonwi we have a locked gun safe, but I do understand being nervous. Definitely plan on teaching LO gun safety and respect from a young age. I was always taught to treat any gun as if it's loaded and they are not toys. FIL wants to buy LO a Henry rifle since his name is going to be Henry, but I'm fighting him on what age is appropriate to start shooting.
  • @joyfuljenny After my LO was born we allowed grandparents to visit right away, however I did not hand her over for a solid 3-4 hours to be held by others. And even then among 4 grandparents there, she was only gone from my arms for less than 30 minutes. My LO was a preemie at 36 weeks and 5lb3oz so she either had to be skin to skin or dressed and double swaddled at all times. This was totally my excuse to hold her all the time. I did have the grandmothers remark that I didn't want to share the baby - but I have decided that decisions my husband and I make for baby are what goes. I will put my foot down as she is my child.
  • mccall35 said:
    It grosses me out when adults kiss their kids on the mouth. I grew up believing that kisses on the lips were reserved for romantic encounters only.
    Hahah Guilty! Mind you my DS is only 2.5. However, now that I think about it, it used to gross me out when my sisters kissed my nieces and nephews on the lips. 

You may come around. Haha

Guilty too!  I used to think it was weird and now I kiss DD on the lips all the time.  When she goes to kiss people she always goes for the lips so even my parents have come around!