March 2015 Moms

The weirdest advice received from MIL or Mom about parenting, baby etc.

aamari15aamari15 member
edited May 2015 in March 2015 Moms
Im a Ftm to a 2 month old baby girl

Re: The weirdest advice received from MIL or Mom about parenting, baby etc.

• Weirdest advice was received by my MIL: she said we should let LO sleep in bed with us every night. Why, I asked, when he has both a bassinet and a crib to sleep in?? It just seemed like a weird thing to suggest. Her reason was "she did it with her boys". I put him in bed with us when he wakes some morning around 6 or 7 and I feed him and we fall asleep for a bit longer. But I can't see us sleeping with him between us all night long.
  • My MIL bought my daughter a bunch of pants because she couldn't picture her going around  with just a onsie on.  She wasn't concerned about my son going around without pants and he was also born in March 2 years ago.  Honestly, he spent most of the summer in just a diaper when we were home & I'm pretty sure my daughter will too.  They're both little heaters!  Pants at this stage are just another thing I have to wash & put on them.  If its cold & rainy, ok, but if its nice out, who cares what they wear...they're babies...they're just going to spit up or poop on it anyway. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine told me when my baby gets to fussy and has belly aches to flip them by their feet on to their belly three time in a row my baby was maybe 6 weeks at the time he was having trouble with his milk and cried all the time and that was her advise he don't have the muscle in the neck to be able to do that the things people have done back then amazes me
  • My MIL told me that when my baby starts to choke on her milk for me to blow on her soft spot! Really wats that suppose to help with????!!! :-/
  • My MIL had all kinds of crazy advice that I've forgotten. The only thing I remember her telling us is that you have to wipe your baby with every diaper change...I received this nugget of knowledge three different times. I'm still not sure why.
  • My MIL had all kinds of crazy advice that I've forgotten. The only thing I remember her telling us is that you have to wipe your baby with every diaper change...I received this nugget of knowledge three different times. I'm still not sure why.
    lol...because you wouldn't have if she didn't say anything??  Thank goodness she was there to help you figure that one out.