TTC After a Loss

My story (loss mentioned)

Hi everyone!

I've been spending most of my time on another board where I planned my wedding. I thought there would be more people over here to share the journey with than staying on a wedding website.

DH and I got married in September of 2014 after 4 years together. I had gone off BC 3 months beforehand expecting to TTC on the honeymoon. We conceived in October and I got my BFP in November right before DH's birthday. We were pretty ecstatic. We went to the 8 week check up and everything seemed fine. I'm fairly young (26) and low risk, so the doctor decided to do the ultrasound at the 12 week NT scan. At the 12 week scan on January 2 of this year the technician found no heartbeat. It was devastating.

I went to see the doctor afterwards where he said the baby had probably stopped growing somewhere around 8 weeks and that I could use cytotec or he could do a D&C. I chose the cytotec as it was less invasive and less expensive and I didn't have to schedule it 2 weeks out like the D&C. I took it that night and started bleeding heavily. I ended up in the ER due to blood loss. Scary stuff. After the bulk of it passed I bled for another 10 days or so and it finally stopped. I waited for AF. And waited. And waited.

After 7 weeks and AF hadn't showed up, I took an HPT to see if maybe I'd gotten pregnant again. It was positive. I took another HPT 2 days later. Still positive. Not darker. Again 2 days after that, positive and not darker. At this point I knew it was not a new pregnancy. I called my doctor about 8 weeks after MC to schedule betas. My first level was at 50, it came down to 48 after 2 days. He told me to come in for weekly tests. The following week my level was at 34, then 22. He said my body was most likely reabsorbing left over tissue and it was best to let it "do it's own thing." The next week my level was at 15, then 15 again, then 13, and 13 again. My doctor finally decided that a D&C was in my best interest since my levels had plateaued.

On April 23rd, I finally got a D&C. Everything went well. There was apparently a lot of tissue left over and a suspected polyp that prevented the tissue from being expelled. I am now awaiting AF (again) so that we can finally start trying again.

Next week will be 6 months since my MC and hopefully my first AF.

I'm very ready to start trying again. I'm hopeful that now that this is resolved we'll be able to move on.

Anyways, sorry this is so long. Just wanted to write it all down. And I wanted to say hi and that I look forward to trying again with group of women that I can relate to.

Re: My story (loss mentioned)

• I am sorry for your loss. Sorry it has been dragging on so long. :(
  • Thank you. It has been dragging on for what feels like forever, but on the plus side, I think the end is in sight!
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss, but glad you were able to get some answers as to why AF didn't show up. I hope she comes soon and you can start a new chapter in your life. Good luck
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"