June 2015 Moms

Instead of...

So, I decided instead of always wondering when baby is coming, I am going to enjoy the time before baby gets here. Honestly, I can't wait to hold and love on my baby. However, I'm a FTM! I am going to enjoy time with my husband and family. I am going to focus on getting the nursery finished. I am going to read a book or two and maybe have sex a few more times. I'm going to enjoy time with friends and enjoy just me. I am on alert for contractions and other normal signs of labor, but for now, it's going to be like "Labor, what labor?"!

Who is with me?

Re: Instead of...

• Loading the player...
  • I think you make a good point! In some ways, it'd be nice to go a little overdue - DH has booked his paternity leave to start on my due date, and my FIL flies in to stay with us about 5 days after that. DH has been working at least 60-70 hours a week lately, and it would be really lovely to have those 5 days as just the two of us without him having to work.
  • I totally agree. I think I need to calm down and just relax. Make sure to soak up with time. I hate wishing time to go by faster then when it does it's so sad
  • I love lists. While I would love to make a must do before baby gets here list I'm working until I get put on bed rest or baby is here. I would love to take my pup to the dog park get my hair cut and my nails done and take a nice relaxing nap. Since baby is so high though and my asthma has gotten worse I'm really ready for her to be here, so I can breathe again.
  • Love this idea and need to take the advice. I'd like to think I'm normally a rational person and know better than to entertain the craziness going through my head now days. But getting close to DDay has turned me stupid. i need distractions asap ;)
  • KreslaKresla member

@Kresla , just a warning about having sex a few more times if you want to enjoy your time pre-baby. We just learned that sex really does induce labor! My water broke at 38 + 4. But of course, if you're ready for baby, go for it!

Oh my! I might hold off then and settle for kisses and cuddles.
  • amark11 said:

Amen! I read somewhere that one way to keep yourself sane is to do Something Productive in the morning, Something Fun in the afternoon and Something Relaxing in the evening. Going to start this routine on Saturday when maternity leave really starts. It sounds kind of nice, so here's hoping to hit my June 5 date or even a little later!

I like that plan a LOT! I need to start implementing this this weekend also!