Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Serious cramping after bleeding stopped?

I've been searching around for some information but haven't found much. We m/c about 10-14 days ago and bleeding has stopped for last 48 hours. Today has been the most severe cramping I've had thus far. Alternating ibuprofen and Tylenol but it's not really holding it at bay. Any other advice?

Re: Serious cramping after bleeding stopped?

• I'm so sorry for your loss. The cramping might only be your uterus going back to its normal size, however I would call your dr since it sounds like the pain is increasing and that can be a sign that something isn't right.
  • I agree with @Synnovus , it could be a sign that all tissue was not passed. I would call your doctor to ask, maybe the reason you stopped bleeding is because remaining tissue is now blocking the opening. Idk if that would stop bleeding but I know it would cause intense cramps and it is possible to have retained tissue.
  • Loading the player...
  • @synnovus and @rachrobertson thank you ladies so much.  I feel like I've been calling my doctor all the time and I don't want to be a nuisance to her.  This was my first pregnancy after trying for about a year, so I felt like I had a ton of questions all the time.  Then when we started the m/c I was talking to her every day, she was calling for more blood work, or getting an u/s scheduled, or going to her office.  I think you're both right that I need to get in touch with her, they were closed for the 3-day weekend so I will leave a message today. 
  • I know the feeling of annoying your doctor. But, I promise you aren't the first to go through this and have a million questions for them. It is their job to answer your questions and concerns. Otherwise, we could all just use google and they would be annoyed about that, understandably so. With my first pregnancy, I never called them, this time even before the mc I had called with concerns and have called since with questions that I forgot to add to my book of questions I had already asked at my visits.
  • About annoying your doctor, I had a nurse tell me that I will have questions and if I want to sit there and keep re-dialing the office go for it.  Also they said the next time I get pregnant they would rather have me come in and have peace of mind then sit there and worry.  You're not bothering them.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Finally got all caught up with my doctor and she said that everything seemed clear. Probably the uterus shrinking back like you suggested @Synnovus. Thank you ladies all for the advice and support and helping me not feel like I'm a "Dr. stalker" it has been much appreciated!
  • So sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I felt like I was annoying the nurse at the dr's office from calling so much. But I had terrible headaches for 2 months after the d&c and then horrible cramps for the first 2 cycles afterwards. Luckily they were really nice and said to call anytime I needed too. I can't imagine how many times I will want to call once I'm pregnant again!