2nd Trimester

Baby sprinkle/party?

I am having my second baby and a few people have asked us when and if we're having a shower. I didn't think we would as its our second. We're having a boy this time and our daughter is four years old. Is this tacky? Someone said you would have a sprinkle instead of a full shower just to celebrate, but I don't want to be rude of course, and I don't even know if anybody would throw it for us anyway. My hubby offered to plan a little something for it but I really don't know if that's tacky or not. Anyone have any experience with this? I really don't want to be rude.

Re: Baby sprinkle/party?

• delujm0delujm0 member
    A small sprinkle for your second is ok, as long as someone (other than you or your husband) offers to plan it, and the only people invited are very close family and friends. Often you don't even advertise a registry in the invitations...people just bring small gifts like clothing and books.

Another option is to have a small sip and see party after the baby is born so people can meet him. People may or may not bring gifts, and as your son would be the guest of honor and not you, you could throw this yourself. Again - do not advertise a registry for this event. And keep it small and contained to close family and friends.