January 2015 Moms
Options

4 month old doesn't roll over yet and arches his back when on tummy

Hi mommies. My 18 week old doesn't roll over yet and hates tummy time. He arches his back when on his tummy. Is this normal?

Re: 4 month old doesn't roll over yet and arches his back when on tummy

• Options
    my 4 month old rolled a bit tummy to back at about 3 months & then stopped.  She doesn't roll now.  She doesn't hate tummy time but does arch her back so her tummy is the only thing on the floor sometimes.  Try tummy time on a yoga ball. its softer on their bellies so he might not hate it as much.  Lots of other moms i know with LO's around this age seem to be the same.  I think it's normal.  One day your little guy will get it. :)
  • Options
    Thank u. Im gonna get that yoga ball coz i have tried him on that before and he liked it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It cut the rest of my msg off. I was saying that my biggest fear is autisim coz ive read arching is a sign. But my Lb smiles, giggles and tracks very well. Im just a worried mommy who wants my baby healthy and happy☺️
  • Options
    Don't worry about Autism. It's far to early to diagnose and worrying will only rob you of time you could be spending just enjoying tour precious little bundle. No matter what the future holds enjoy this moment, it's the only one you have.