December 2014 Moms

Any crawlers out there ?

DD turned 20 weeks on Wednesday and she's on the move. She started crawling. My older daughter was crawling at 25 weeks. Any ideas on what to put in her knees? We have all tile so it's hard. We were in our old house with our older daughter so she was a carpet baby.

Re: Any crawlers out there ?

• How exciting! My DS is 21 weeks and he tries to push off with his feet but his belly stays on the ground lol.
  • My LO gets up on his tip toes and looks like a monkey trying to move forward. He will get one knee down and par the floor and try but can't get it together just yet. He goes backward a lot though and I'm constantly having to get him out of corners or from under the couch :)

As for floor suggestions, we have wood floors and carpets on them. So I don't have any real suggestions aside from longer pants or just making sure it's clean enough. We also have tatami (traditional Japanese bamboo floors) and they are soft enough so I let him flop around either on the rugs or the tatami right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use baby leggings for the hard wood floors!! They are awesome forsaving little knees.
  • Look up Creeper Crawlers. Specifically designed for babies crawling on hard floors
  • Thanks for all the ideas! I just checked out creeper crawlers and the smallest they start at is a 6-9 months. DD is just starting to for in to 3 month clothing. :(
  • Thanks for all the ideas! I just checked out creeper crawlers and the smallest they start at is a 6-9 months. DD is just starting to for in to 3 month clothing. :(

If you can sew at all, maybe buy them and modify them for now and make it where you can fix them back to the original when LO is old/big enough for them.
  • stejjystejjy member
    We have bonds crawlers leggings. They have little pads on the knees. They go from size 6 months, but are a small fit and stretch heaps. I've had them on this guy since 4mo and he's still in 000. They're just a little long.