July 2015 Moms

Can The Smell of Gasoline Be Harmful

im at ftm and today as my boyfriend and I were driving home from work we were behind a car that was letting off fumes that smelt like gasoline. I'm 32 weeks and wondering if I should be concerned or if I'm just overthinking it

Re: Can The Smell of Gasoline Be Harmful

• I think it would be fine if you don't inhale it for long periods of time but I don't know. But the smell of diesel makes me sick an where I live everyone drives a diesel
  • zmombiezmombie member
    Diesel makes me sick as well!
    I have never thought to ask this question tho, every time I pump gas I wonder if it's okay.. I just figure so many pregnant women pump gas.. It's probably okay.. Try googling it? Maybe find more info.
  • Loading the player...
  • mers90mers90 member
    I'm sure it won't hurt if it wasn't for a long time or a constant thing.
  • It should be fine. As long as your not inhaling it all the time. I mean pregnant women paint nurserys and I would think that would be worse then smelling gas for a small amount of time. I'm just guessing though.
  • For the duration that you were exposed to it, you should be fine. It's only really an issue if you are constantly exposed to it (or if you recreationally huff gasoline for kicks).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It should be fine, as long as you don't do it every day.  Those are toxic fumes, but the amount shouldn't be anything to be concerned about.  Now, if you are standing by the gas pump all day every day  and breathing that in.... that would be an issue.  
  • Unless you're huffing it or locked in a room with fumes or exposed for an extended period of time you're fine. Especially behind a car...