August 2015 Moms

lower abdomen pain when sneezing?

Last night I sneezed and had the worst lower abdomen pain.. I'm not sure if it's because he is sitting so low. It felt like my skin was trying to stretch to accommodate the sneeze? Anyone else have this happen?

Re: lower abdomen pain when sneezing?

• Oh I've had it happen to me! Felt like a sharp pulling sensation. My doc said its just because the ligaments are stretching out, but I shouldn't worry

• Happens to me. I hate sneezing
  • Loading the player...
  • happens to me too - i hate sneezing as well, I have never sneezed so much in my life since being pregnant. i imagine this is coinicedence - but still annoying. lol 
  • happens to me too - i hate sneezing as well, I have never sneezed so much in my life since being pregnant. i imagine this is coinicedence - but still annoying. lol 

I don't think it is! I have been having nose issues - sneezing, runniness, bleeds - apparently it's all normal in pregnancy... File that under side effects no one tells you about!!!

• I really think sneezing is one of those things they don't tell you about when getting pregnant lol. Between trying not to pee myself and this pain... 12 weeks needs to come fast lol.
  • It helps if you put pressure on your abdomen, or bring your knees up if sitting, before you sneeze. It really helps take that shock of pain out of it.
  • Lol all the time and then I pee it's so glamorous
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes... This happens! And if I move too fast!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Sounds like round ligament pain!
  • Yup that's normal I get it a lot and I did with my first as well. Pull your knees up if your sitting or lean over when your about to sneeze
  • It was always like that with my first. Horrible sharp pains. It's supposedly just your ligaments are sore from being so stretched so when you sneeze it kills
  • Happens to me too and we are finally getting past pollen season here. I always try to hold my lower abdomen and put a little pressure on it when I sneeze. Seems like it helps me! I also try to do a kegel when I sneeze so I don't pee too much! It's a lot to think about when sneezing. Haha!