August 2015 Moms

the " purple line" in the buttcrack??

This is my second baby and I have never heard of this but just today noticed that if i spread my cheeks lol ...I have a long purple line ranging from the hole up to the bumcrack. Google says this has to do with how far dilated you are but I'm only 6 months along and have no signs of impending labour. Just wondering if anyone else has this? My midwife thought it was pretty strange.

Answers

• Robyn+2Robyn+2 member
    edited May 2015
    Hahaha i really have no clue how long it has been there. My husband noticed it unfortunately :/
  • Loading the player...
  • victoriaaa1victoriaaa1 member
    edited May 2015
    I know of a greenish/brownish spot that usually happens on the butt Usually for newborns but that's called a Mongolian spot I don't know if it's possible for it to be purple or for adults to get it ? Maybe you should call your doctor...
  • Robyn+2Robyn+2 member
    No its definantly not that! It's called "the purple line" it just normally shows up on some women shortly before birth so I'm just wondering if anyone else has gotten this so early in pregnancy.
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    Robyn+2 said:

Hahaha i really have no clue how long it has been there. My husband noticed it unfortunately :/

Ok. Haha. That makes more sense. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh God....here we go with the purple line...

FYI-I don't put much stock into this at all.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have it :( my fiancé discovered it also
  • SKLLH23SKLLH23 member
    We heard about this (and even saw a photo from a birth - WHAAA??) during my birthing class. They said the same thing as Google, that it has to do with how far dilated you are. Having it right now seems really weird.
  • Nope. Not looking. I'm good.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• EmEeGeeEmEeGee member
    I can't even process my feelings right now. :-?
  • kat+1kat+1 member
    So crazy but I have one too after I read this post I went and checked.... Now I am weirded out and have to ask my hubby if he knew this was there.
  • I'm not sure why this made me laugh so much, but it did. Mostly because it reminded me of a 9 months pregnant friend of mine that told me she was going to bleach her butthole and was upset that her husband hadn't told her that it needed to be bleached. If my husband 1) took a detailed glance at my butthole and then 2) commented on a purple line, he would sleep on the couch. And then I would never ever EVER tell a soul that it happened and probably spend my days alone googling it endlessly.

Haha!!  I second that.  I sure hope my husband knows better than to ever mention something like that to me!  LOL.  
  • @tarheelgirl8 Hahaha! My husband knows now. A few weeks ago he said, "your legs are really hairy." I was horrified and basically went on a rant about how my legs are hairy because HIS daughter is growing and I can't bend over anymore. He has been so nice and helpful ever since ;)
  • @tarheelgirl8 Haha! My husband and I had this exact conversation. The problem is: I know him. He will either crack a smile during and give it away or tell me like a month later. From what I've heard, if you do poop, they clean it up so fast you'd never even know. He is convinced I will poop because I seriously never poop between pregnancy constipation and iron supplements. So if I do, I will NEVER hear the end of it. I will just have to wait until he does something super embarrassing in public, which, with my husband, shouldn't take long ;)
  • EmEeGeeEmEeGee member

@megvaddi I still won't let my husband attempt to groom my lady parts for that same reason. Even after you're married, you have to keep SOME romance and privacy! My sister poops with her husband in the room and I am proud to say that has not and WILL not happen with DH and I. I still like him to think I am somewhat of a lady, even with a huge belly and increasing facial hair (seriously, this kid better be reeeeal cute)

Funny you should mention it! I just told my husband today that I was looking in the mirror and saw a little clear cotton/fiber strand next to my nose. I went to pull it off... And it was attached! Next to my nose?! I have no idea how long it's been there cause I could barely see it, but it was like an inch long. WTF?! I've had some seriously weird pregnancy things happen... But this was SO weird to me.
  • Robyn+2Robyn+2 member
    Yes avoid doggy style or hubby will most likely view the Crack. ..or your purple line lol!
  • Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    amylianne said:

megvaddi said:

Miz_Liz said:

Why do I feel like I am in the minority because my husband has not seen inside of my ass crack??!!

I'm with you. I'm very comfortable with my husband, but I'd still like him to think of me in a sexy way and some things just can't be unseen!
    If you've ever done it doggy style, they've seen your crack. And while your super pregnant, that's one of few choices. Unfortunately, I hadn't realized this until there was a hemroid conversation just after my first pregnancy. DH casually confirmed that I'd never had anything odd, and i was shocked that he'd have any clue... This, the truth came out.

Never thought about that (and I think I was happier that way ;) ). Thankfully if he has seen, he has never talked to me about it!
  • Wow I had no idea that this thread would evolve into this! I'm learning so much right now :-? Purple butt cracks lead to a lot getting to know yous...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Miz_Liz. You married a smart man ;) that's the best line of action (pun intended) if they want to keep getting some
  • EmEeGeeEmEeGee member
    @amylianne That's a great point. Totally true. I do think I've thought of that before and quickly forgot. I assume when it comes to getting some action on their side, sacrifices have to be made and they can choose what they want to look at. Ha.

@CaliforniaDream87 Sounds like a good man. Mine is proving to be pretty unfazed by much so I'm pretty sure the picture he has of me is totally different then how I thought it was. Guess the honeymoon is over. ;)
  • jlsweetsjlsweets member
    edited May 2015
    amylianne said:

megvaddi said:

Miz_Liz said:

Why do I feel like I am in the minority because my husband has not seen inside of my ass crack??!!

I'm with you. I'm very comfortable with my husband, but I'd still like him to think of me in a sexy way and some things just can't be unseen!
    If you've ever done it doggy style, they've seen your crack. And while your super pregnant, that's one of few choices. Unfortunately, I hadn't realized this until there was a hemroid conversation just after my first pregnancy. DH casually confirmed that I'd never had anything odd, and i was shocked that he'd have any clue... This, the truth came out.

Yup I know it's been seen and it's not something I care or worry about- I DO however care about some grooming privacy and would never ask my husband to shave/trim etc. my vag

Edit- Or ask him about checking for a "purple line"

• there isn't an inch of me my husband hasn't seen.
    I am pretty sure he would love to shave me if I ever wasn't tired and crabby
    And just an FYI gals, most guys aren't grossed out by women's butts or butt holes :-)  You would be happier to not know what goes on in most men's minds

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Omg! I'm dying! I so needed this laugh. My husband makes comments about pooping when I had our first child. I pooped. I was terrified I was going to. The worst part was my epidural had worn off, so I felt it. We made eye contact as this was happening. I prefer to pretend it never happened. He likes to point out that this time around we will have a scheduled C-Section so he won't have to witness that again.
  • there isn't an inch of me my husband hasn't seen.

I am pretty sure he would love to shave me if I ever wasn't tired and crabby
    And just an FYI gals, most guys aren't grossed out by women's butts or butt holes :-)  You would be happier to not know what goes on in most men's minds

^^^Yay!  Atleast I'm not the only person who thinks this way.  I hide nothing from DH (exept potty time, that's sacred).  He has shaved me...yes, all parts, and I can promise you men have and will look at your crack/hole.  It's a "taboo" area for some couples, so when he gets to steal a glance, he's keeping that shit (no pun intended) to himself! LOL!!

Seriously though, if I were worried about something, I would have NO problem asking DH to take a look.  As for us though, if something were awry, he'd be sure to tell me.  We don't keep secrets, just not our thing. Although, I get why that works for some couples. 

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker