April 2015 Moms

Night sweats

The past couple nights I have had really bad night sweats. I've read that this is normal after pregnancy as your body rids itself if all the fluids you've retained. It is so uncomfortable and interrupting the biggest chunk of solid sleep I get. Any tips or experience on how long these last or how to make it more comfortable if possible?

Re: Night sweats

• I think I had night sweats until about 2 weeks post partum. I didn't really find a way to make it more comfortable other than taking a shower in the middle of the night. Yes, it is less sleep time, but for some reason I would only sweat in the first half of the night. When I showered, I didnt sweat again until thr next night.
  • Still having them at 4 weeks pp. not as bad as before now but still gross. Enough that I have to wash my sheets constantly
  • Loading the player...
  • I still have them a few nights and I'm 5 weeks post partum. I recently talked to my doctor and I'm getting blood work done this weekend.
  • I guess there's not much to do about them. Ill try the early/middle of the night shower otherwise my post partum dr appt is at 5weeks, so good to remember to bring up to the dr if I still have them. Thanks!
  • Ugh I had them throughout my whole pregnancy! But then only the first couple days post partum. There is not much to do about it other than try to drink cold water before bed and when you wake up from the night sweats. Try putting a small fan right near your bed. Good luck- they are so annoying and really disrupt sleep.
  • Ugh, I'm at 4 weeks pp and I'm still experiencing them almost every single night, hoping it goes away soon! I'll def remember to bring it up at my 6 week doc appt. if I'm still experiencing them. Glad I'm not alone here...