August 2015 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Miz_Liz said:

I'm just grumpy today. Probably because my toddler has not been sleeping well at all for a few days now, which means no one is sleeping well. That and because of his lack of sleep I have spent my day being bossed around by a grumpy toddler who doesn't comprehend that he is not the boss. All I can say is thank God he is so blasted cute and I love him so much, because I wouldn't let any other man in my life get away with the attitude he has given me today ;)

@Miz_Liz I could literally have written that myself today. My DS is 2.5 but has the attitude of a teenager at the minute!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    @laurena612 mine is going to be 3 in July, so close in age and OMG yes teenager today!!!
  • Options
    I just want to sleep....cannot imagine how I'm going to get through these next 10 weeks....WTF!
  • Options
    WTF sandman?  Did you just miss my house the last two nights?  DO I need to come hunt you down tonight?  I am seriously contemplating taking something to help me sleep because obviously you are too busy off galavanting around to come do your job!  Get your shit together or I will be calling in the troops! 

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wtf bit me yesterday?! And why won't the bites stop itching?! Ugh. I went with my sister to the nature preserve to take her senior pictures on Monday night and then walked the dogs (we live by a nature preserve/bike trail) on Tuesday morning and by Tuesday night, I had bug bites everywhere. I even have 3 on my butt cheeks (definitely embarrassing when they start itching). First, I thought they were Mosquitos, then I had a minor freak out that they might be fleas, now I think they're chiggers. They have not only been annoyingly itchy but they also kept me from sleeping last night, making me a pissy pregnant person all day. Thanks, mother nature
  • Options
    EmEeGeeEmEeGee member
    edited May 2015
    I've had a headache since my glucose test yesterday morning. Which kept me up all night since I thought I could sleep it off (which you can't do if you're not sleeping). Every time I started to doze off, my husband rolled on his back and started snoring. So I think I got 3-4 hours of sleep. Got to work and saw I was floating to a unit I hate. Have two ICU kids in isolation (have to wear a gown and gloves when in their rooms) and I feel like I'm gonna pass out from being so hot. And these Braxton hicks are driving me insane. I can't do anything without causing one and my Dr will not call me back. They don't hurt but are strong enough that I feel like I can't move cause everything is so tight. ICU's are not conducive environments to not being able to move.

A bit grumpy today.

Edit: because I suck! My dr finally calls and I ignored it because it showed up as a California number and I thought it was my old nursing travel agency. I live in DC... Call from a landline!!!! :((
  • Options
    toccoaparkertoccoaparker member
    edited May 2015
    TMI? Wtf I know it's been a while but my baby girl is pushing on something that makes me feel like I'm about to have the big O X_X What in the world?! Also wtf DD (stepdaughter) I love you but your newfound preteen hormones I do not care for, especially when you are screaming at me :(
  • Options
    I'm just grumpy today! I'm usually pretty laid back and relaxed but just feel like end of school year stress + lack of sleep = miserable momma to be. I feel bad for DH for having to put up with me today, haha.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Wtf is up with all the pregnant relatives on my husband's side who constantly talk about how they have been able to feel there baby move across there Belly since 6 weeks.. drives me crazy! And I've vented about this before but his cousin still complains like twice a day about having her 4th boy... be thankful for a healthy baby and pregnancy . %-(
  • Options
    I can't sleep either and once I finally get to sleep I have to pee. I have a feeling it will be a long 12.5 weeks to go.
  • Options
    I bawled my eyes out in the bathroom today due to boredom and being lonely. I also laid in bed all day but felt like a loser for it because I've gotten really lazy. Ugh.
  • Options

I'm emotional today. I work for DOJ and while I regularly work on child predator cases I have had to go to bathroom twice to cry today because I am so immensely frustrated with our legal system and how things work (or don't work). Case in point: child molester sentenced to 14 months in prison, marijuana dealer 60 months in prison. It makes me want to hit someone.

My husband works for the DOJ and often has this same complaint. It's sad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ugh I'm going to lose my mind when that inevitably happens. My LOs didn't have any issues except that their brains were underdeveloped (at 36 weeks) and so they would forget to breathe and were hospitalized. Listening to monitors go off because your baby isn't breathing and waiting to see if they come out of it naturally or have to be coaxed into taking a breath was one of the worst experiences of my life. Just because someone knows someone that had a baby early and the baby was fine, doesn't mean ANYTHING!!!!!!!! If I close my eyes, I can still hear the monitors going off
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wtf ankles! I've tried everything to reduce swelling but I still have big ol cankles. So painful! :(
  • Options

Ugh I'm going to lose my mind when that inevitably happens. My LOs didn't have any issues except that their brains were underdeveloped (at 36 weeks) and so they would forget to breathe and were hospitalized. Listening to monitors go off because your baby isn't breathing and waiting to see if they come out of it naturally or have to be coaxed into taking a breath was one of the worst experiences of my life. Just because someone knows someone that had a baby early and the baby was fine, doesn't mean ANYTHING!!!!!!!! If I close my eyes, I can still hear the monitors going off

@emmacake08 I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I couldn't imagine. This is why I get stabby though.

Forgive me now ladies...when these posts pop up it won't be pretty.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I actually have one today. WTF friend? So you're 35 weeks and you're already looking for ways to "naturally induce" because you're tired of being pregnant? Awesome. Even after I sent you research showing you the MAJOR differences in baby's brain at week 36 Vs. week 40 you are still set in "getting baby out now". Ugh I just can't. This makes me so damn stabby. Let your baby cook!

Sad thing? This is what this board will fill up with by the end of July. Just watch.

I may sound vey uneducated about pregnancy right now but I am too curious to not ask. There are really ways to make yourself go into early labor? I mean I knew this could happen maybe a few days around your due date but 36 weeks? tThat's insane! I had no idea this was a thing.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options

I actually have one today. WTF friend? So you're 35 weeks and you're already looking for ways to "naturally induce" because you're tired of being pregnant? Awesome. Even after I sent you research showing you the MAJOR differences in baby's brain at week 36 Vs. week 40 you are still set in "getting baby out now". Ugh I just can't. This makes me so damn stabby. Let your baby cook!

Sad thing? This is what this board will fill up with by the end of July. Just watch.

I may sound vey uneducated about pregnancy right now but I am too curious to not ask. There are really ways to make yourself go into early labor? I mean I knew this could happen maybe a few days around your due date but 36 weeks? tThat's insane! I had no idea this was a thing.
    Unfortunately, there are supposed ways that can help induce. I really wouldn't know how effective these things are as I've never done it but some women swear by it.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Unfortunately, there are supposed ways that can help induce. I really wouldn't know how effective these things are as I've never done it but some women swear by it.
    This to me equals ignorance.  Coming from someone who has early babies (not by choice), the worry and wait and prayers and stress that go into actually delivering an early baby are no where near the relief of not being pregnant and miserable anymore.  Yes, all 3 of my previous babies were 37wks, and this one will be too, but that is because my body legit shuts down at 37wks.  It's either cook the babies longer and risk dying, or pray to God they are healthy and deliver early.  I actually tried with my last, and my kidneys started shutting down at 37wk 1d.  I've been lucky that the worst thing I've had to deal with when it came to my babies was jaundice, but not seeing your child for hours while they run every test under the sun and have to be in a special light, is the WORST feeling in the entire world!!

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kedbachkedbach member
    edited May 2015
    WTF painters. They were supposed to be here at 8:00 to paint the nursery and they're still not here. We have family coming into town this weekend and be house is a disaster zone being prepped for paint. I'm SO annoyed!!!! To make me even more annoyed, I was actually sleeping well (for once) but woke up to my alarm so I would be awake and ready when the painters arrived.... Now I'm just siting, fuming, and want to sleep.

Oh, and wtf pottery barn with your airhead employees. Switched out bedding yesterday, returned bumper pad and exchanged for crib skirt but they didn't have the sheets that matched. She failed to tell us they literally don't have them anywhere anymore. Thanks for not offering to order them in-store so I don't have to literally pay the entire amount of what the sheets cost for shipping. Crib sheets are tiny, you can't tell me they cost that much to ship?!!!! ~X(
  • Options
    kedbachkedbach member
    Even more of a wtf, today isn't even Wednesday... I'm losing my mind!!!!
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    megvaddi said:

I've had a headache since my glucose test yesterday morning. Which kept me up all night since I thought I could sleep it off (which you can't do if you're not sleeping). Every time I started to doze off, my husband rolled on his back and started snoring. So I think I got 3-4 hours of sleep. Got to work and saw I was floating to a unit I hate. Have two ICU kids in isolation (have to wear a gown and gloves when in their rooms) and I feel like I'm gonna pass out from being so hot. And these Braxton hicks are driving me insane. I can't do anything without causing one and my Dr will not call me back. They don't hurt but are strong enough that I feel like I can't move cause everything is so tight. ICU's are not conducive environments to not being able to move.

A bit grumpy today.

Edit: because I suck! My dr finally calls and I ignored it because it showed up as a California number and I thought it was my old nursing travel agency. I live in DC... Call from a landline!!!! :((

People judge us for this but sleep is important. My husband has sleep apnea and refuses to wear his cpap machine so we don't sleep in the same bed. It is horrible and I need sleep. When little bit is born I told him he needs to come back with me but he has to wear this machine. Hell, I'll probably be so tired I won't even hear him.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EmEeGeeEmEeGee member
    @dkizz82 Its sad, but being exhausted does help. After getting such little sleep, and working a not so great 12 hr shift, he may have snored all night but I slept like the dead. I feel you though... Good sleep is vital.
  • Options
    SHiebSHieb member
    So I know I'm late on this one, but my wtf goes to unsolicited pregnancy advice. DH and I went to sushi (my midwife approved) and when the food arrived the waitress had the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't eat sushi. So I kindly told her that I had spoken to my care provider who approved and that this place is reputable. So she then lectures me "well when I was pregnant, my doctor said no sushi because it's raw and could have bacteria. Even though we flash freeze our fish, you need to be careful!" Then proceeded to give me dirty looks the rest of the time we were there.
  • Options
    Third trimester exhaustion has set in! Headache, body ache, never being able to find a comfy position besides laying down. I start a project and have to take several breaks during it until finally I give up and lay down.