November 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone take a medrol dose pack 4mg during pregnancy???

I'm 15 weeks and my asthma is acting up so I am doing 3 days of just 3 pills a day to help! Anyone else ever take?

Re: Anyone take a medrol dose pack 4mg during pregnancy???

• Options
    They're prescribing steroids a lot these days for HG, they just want to make sure you're >10 weeks :) I wouldn't sweat it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. Unfortunately had to take a 5 day dose pack at 14 weeks for an ulcerative colitis flare up. Approved by OB and GI.
  • Options
    Did you do the 6-5-4-3-2-1 pack? Instead of doing all of that I'm only doing 3-4 days for my asthma.
  • Options
    oliviaann91oliviaann91 member
    edited May 2015
    Yes. I skipped the last day though bc it gives me such terrible gastritis. Sets my stomach lining on fire. Colitis sucks. Went from being super constipated and having to take milk of magnesia, to having a flare, to feeling like I have a stomach ulcer. Seems to all be evened out now though. Here's hoping it stays under control the rest of the pregnancy. Hope your asthma calms down as well! I hate taking extra meds during pregnancy, but honestly it's a risk/benefit thing. Having a major flare up that lands me in the hospital scares me more than a week of steroids. :(
  • Options
    Exactly! God bless you and hope you get better as well!! Mine stemmed from the allergy season but again, I see it as I'm 15 weeks and a few days with a very lose dose will help me even more. I have heard of women being on steroids their whole pregnancy!!