Infertility

2nd IUI on Femara/Chemical miscarriage...

BBJones0105BBJones0105 member
edited May 2015 in Infertility
The day before my IUI, they found that I had three good eggs! 2 on the right ovary, and 1 on the left. I got the HSG shot the day before, and went in the next day for my IUI. Going by what the HSG shot did the last time, if I wasn't pregnant, I would have had my period exactly two weeks after the IUI (which would have been Saturday, May 9). I didn't get it the 10th or 11th, so by now I thought I was either pregnant or had a cyst but the HPT said negative, so I was scared it would turn out to be a cyst.

I went to the Dr. on the 11th, and they said I wasn't pregnant... But no cyst either. I finally got my period the 12th, and made an appt for that Thurs, May 14th. They called me and said I had the pregnancy hormone... WHAT?!?! I went again on Saturday and she said I still have the hormone, it went up, but only by a few units when it should have been in the "hundreds"... so, it's basically confirmed i had a Chemical Miscarriage. I have to go back this Wednesday the 20th to monitor the hormone... I am ok with the miscarriage. I didn't think I was pregnant, so it basically confirmed I wasn't, but that i'm CAPABLE.

My question is... Did anyone else experience a chemical miscarriage? if so, how long did you have to wait until your next IUI?? I am not undetstanding why they keep having me go in to check for the HSG if I am clearly not pregnant.  My home pregnancy tests are staying the same (as in not fading, nor getting a darker line). Any help, or shared experiences in this would be helpful! Thank you!!

Re: 2nd IUI on Femara/Chemical miscarriage...

• Kye042Kye042 member
    I had a chemical pregnancy during my first session and didn't have to take any time off inbetween sessions. My third session I had 4 eggs and 2 follicles that were growing like mad together and I got pregnant! They didn't question it as every other day my levels were tripling! Good luck and stay positive :)
  • Awesome! How long did you have to wait before they tried again? I should have been done with the femara by now if they started me right away.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations and wishing you the very best for a H&H9
  • My hsg is not going down... A week later. But not going up. What is going on... (hypothetical question)
    Argh!