August 2015 Moms
Options

baby shower invite ?

Just wanted to get opinions on how far in advance baby shower invites should be sent out. My sister is hosting/planning my shower and she's not sending out invites till 3 weeks prior. She says any earlier and people might forget. I'm worried that's not enough notice for people. My mother says I need to butt out.

Re: baby shower invite ?

• Options
    I think 3-4 weeks is the standard time to send out invites. We are sending ours out next week and my shower is the last Saturday of June.
  • Options
    3-4 weeks is normal.

And not agreeing with you mom but sit back and enjoy don't fret about the shower as you are not responsible!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd say 4 to 6 weeks, more towards 6 if there are travelers
  • Options
    In my opinion, 3 weeks is too late to wait. Being as someone who is a planner and makes plans well in advance, 3 weeks notice could mean I already have something scheduled. When I hosted my best friends shower, I sent them out about 5 weeks in advance. When my best friend threw my shower, she sent them about 6 weeks ahead of time.
  • Options
    I think it's too late too but I've conceded control. Taking advice to not worry about it and I'll let my sister's deal with it :)
  • Options
    I think a month. Or 4 weeks is about right. 3 weeks is too short... especially if people work. Most places need 2 weeks in advance notice to make sure you can get it off.
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    I sent mine Friday and everyone got theirs Saturday. It was 3 weeks away.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine were sent out May 11 and my shower is June 14....so about 4 weeks
  • Options
    kedbachkedbach member
    ctraci74 said:

Mine were sent out May 11 and my shower is June 14....so about 4 weeks

I have a shower June 14 also! My mom sent them closer to 3 weeks out but everyone pretty much knew about the date/time/place in advance so that's the only reason I was ok with it!
  • Options
    My shower is the last week in June and invitations went out a week ago. I thought it seemed early but the reason was that with it being summer a lot of guests will be heading out of town on weekends and whatnot so more notice means less chance of scheduling conflicts
  • Options
    We did 4 weeks since I had a last minute change request, and we also did email invites. 
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My shower is July 5th the invites were sent out a week ago. I figure we will have a lot of no shows since it is a holiday wknd.