December 2015 Moms
Options

Dry heaving, blood in spit?

So, it's my second day on my antibiotics for my kidney infection, and I felt the need to throw up and ran to the bathroom and only threw up a bit and the rest was painful dry heaving. I had the taste of blood in my mouth so when I spit there was a very small amount of blood mixed with mucus..
Is this something to be alarmed about?

Re: Dry heaving, blood in spit?

• Options
    If its red and not super dark...it's most likely from the lining of your esophagus. When you vomit a lot (i have been bleeding some amd having a sore throat from the acid) it causes some tearing and bleeding. Still let your dr know. I told mine and that's what i was told.
    Sorry your ms is so nasty. I have it bad too.
  • Options
    Unless it continues I wouldn't worry. It's likely irritation from vomiting and then the strain of dry heaving. If you have another instance of vomiting/dry heaving and it continues I'd give your on call OB a ring and see what they say. Dry heaving is the worst. Sorry.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for easing my mind ladies, was just a little worried. Dry heaving is the worst...my bladder couldn't handle the pressure of it all and I peed my pants a little, ugh! Don't judge me :((
  • Options

Thanks for easing my mind ladies, was just a little worried. Dry heaving is the worst...my bladder couldn't handle the pressure of it all and I peed my pants a little, ugh! Don't judge me :((

No judging here...i did same tonight...also puked in my hair. Ugh. Hope it subsides fast for you
  • Options
    Eat some yogurt to protect your gut from the antibiotics