Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Husbands

Anyone find that their husband is less understanding and supportive this time around? Mine is usually so good to me but ever since we got our BFP he's changed. He's really excited about the baby but he has been treating me differently. It's frustrating and I call him out on it... just for him to turn it around on me by saying my hormones are to blame. I know they are out of whack but I still know he is acting different. Sorry for the rant. Just needed to get it off of my chest.

Re: Husbands

• Options
    Maybe he's just worried. Mine has hardly said anything about it since we found out yesterday, even though I know he's happy because we've been trying and praying for quite some time. He tends to hide those emotions or channel them into frustration. Loss takes a toll on our guys too! It is still very frustrating, especially when our hormones amplify things like that!! Hope it gets better!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    tpete12tpete12 member
    My hubby has been very protective of me but very disconnected from this pregnancy. He told me that he is excited but doesnt want to get attached. We are both terrified that we might lose this baby but were handling it in different ways. I had a good talk with my hubby about my feelings and his and things have been going a lot smoother ever since
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    allsleeallslee member
    tpete12 said:

My hubby has been very protective of me but very disconnected from this pregnancy. He told me that he is excited but doesnt want to get attached. We are both terrified that we might lose this baby but were handling it in different ways. I had a good talk with my hubby about my feelings and his and things have been going a lot smoother ever since

Maybe I'll try doing the same. Thanks :)
  • Options
    I feel the same way! It seemed like my husband didn't even believe me that I had a positive preg test- even after I showed him. Then after I took another one he said "can we make a pact to not tell anyone this time?" Last time we only told our parents and I had to tell my boss- but those are people that I'd want to know if I had a loss. It was hurtful and I don't think he realized how insensitive it was.

Men just don't get it!
  • Options
    I think they're dealing with the loss, too, but probably not very well and they react in different ways. It sucks! Try to vent to women who understand, like us and offer to talk if he wants to. My husband does better now, but we argued a lot during my loss and when I wanted to try again. I know it's hard because you live with the guy, but try to relax. Get out of the house and go get a pedicure or something that helps you de-stress.