January 2016 Moms

Bright red spotting, No cramping

So, I've been spotting for about 9 days. It started our dark brown colored discharge just when I wiped but has now progressed to bright red blood, still spotting but having to wear a panty liner. I had a doc appt on Monday and they didn't seem concerned because I'm not in pain/cramping. I had an ultra sound done that day and showing to be about 4 weeks (I thought I should be 6 weeks) Has anyone else had these bleeding problems?? Thanks. :)

Re: Bright red spotting, No cramping

• Could be normal implantation bleeding for sure but did your dr order a quant or a progesterone just incase ?
  • I'm lurking from August but this EXACT thing happened to me in my first tri. Had brown spotting for several days then one day when I wiped, it had turned bright red. I was a wreck and waiting for the cramps to start, and they never did. Woke up the next morning and it stopped. Doctor said something probably just irritated my cervix and caused it to bleed. I continued to randomly spot brown until about 10 weeks and then it stopped! With that said, I'm now 29 weeks and everything turned out okay :)
  • Loading the player...
  • hshokehshoke member
    Jonesl12, No blood work ordered yet. I do have another ultrasound scheduled for the 26th to see everything is developing appropriately.
    I have been waiting for the cramps to start also, I'm terrified, but trying not to stress myself out. Carleyec93, glad to hear everything has turned out okay for you. That gives me hope!
  • I'm bleeding too, no cramping. Have a phone appt in the morning and hoping to order blood work for beta testing. Doc and advice nurses don't seem concerned, but it is scary! Mine is almost like a light period--not soaking a pad, but if I am laying down for a while and I stand up more comes out like it's been pooling. Apparently a few ladies I know experienced the same thing and it turned out fine. Doc says as long as no cramping, you don't feel like you're going to pass out and you're not filling a pad in an hour, it's normal.
    Had a US last Thursday and heard heart beat so that is comforting. Possibly the internal US irritated things. Hoping for the best, all!
  • EmXaEmXa member
    Yes I went to the ER this morning for bleeding, however there was no spotting just 1 huge gush of bright red blood, then it stopped. The doctor said I had no symptoms of miscarriage and all my levels are normal but I am still super worried. They ordered me an early U/S for this week to see if everything is ok. 
    I have put myself on bed rest until the U/S.
    I hope everything goes well for you.
  • FX for both of you!! Hope everything turns out ok!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersbr>

• Sorry to have to say this but I just lost the baby a few hours ago. I didn't have any cramping, just some pressure and the bleeding increased pretty quickly over a few hours. Still not much cramping but have an appt in the morning. Hugged my 19-month old twin girls tight tonight! Hugs, all!
  • cyanopecyanope member
    So sorry to hear that, @amazongirlEG. Squeeze your little girls tight. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.
  • I'm so very sorry.  Hug your girls extra tight for the next few weeks.  I've been there and it is not easy but you will get through it.  I wish you lots of luck in the future.  
    Married- 7/17/10
     Baby #1- "L.J."- 3/14/12 
    Expecting  #2- EDD 1/8/16 
    "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride" 

• I'm going through it right now. Had about three hours of cramping. Only bleeding when I go to the restroom, but it's heavy when it is bleeding. I go for an appointment tomorrow to see if I've lost the baby. They didn't seem too positive on the phone though. Told me to "Pelvic rest" until my appointment.
  • mcrane8mcrane8 member
    xo so sorry
  • hshokehshoke member
    Just wanted to update everyone. I ended up miscarrying yesterday. After spotting for 12 days, I woke up Monday morning and started bleeding like what would be a normal period. By yesterday morning I was in excruciating pain, bleeding heavily and passed a very large clot. Went to the ER, they said I was having contractions and actively having a miscarriage. By 9pm last night I had passed everything.
    My continued thoughts and prayers go out to all of you moms to be. Good luck!!! <3
  • hshoke said:

Just wanted to update everyone. I ended up miscarrying yesterday. After spotting for 12 days, I woke up Monday morning and started bleeding like what would be a normal period. By yesterday morning I was in excruciating pain, bleeding heavily and passed a very large clot. Went to the ER, they said I was having contractions and actively having a miscarriage. By 9pm last night I had passed everything.
    My continued thoughts and prayers go out to all of you moms to be. Good luck!!! <3

I am so sorry for your loss as well.  
    Married- 7/17/10
     Baby #1- "L.J."- 3/14/12 
    Expecting  #2- EDD 1/8/16 
    "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride" 

• Oh no, I am so sorry about your loss. Sending positive vibes.
  • I'm so sorry :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml