July 2015 Moms

A warning if you order from Pottery Barn Kids

On April 20th I ordered 2 Milo crib sheets. They're on sale for $15, listed as in-stock on the site, and I had a free shipping code.

When I kept checking on my order status, it would say they were "temporarily out of stock" and give me an estimated delivery date... except the date kept changing.

I posted on PBK's FB page and they told me to contact customer service. Today I gave a call (after my delivery date got changed AGAIN) and found out that:

1) there are 400 people on the waiting list for this item (meaning they have ordered it and are waiting for it to come to them)
2) There's no estimated warehouse date, and the product has been not been ordered by PBK
3) It is STILL listed on their site as in-stock, so people are STILL placing orders for them

I've never bought anything from PBK. I always thought they were too expensive for my tastes. But the prospect of getting cute printed organic crib sheets was enough to have me order. I cancelled my order and will no longer try to buy anything from them. To me, customer service trumps cuteness.
Mama to two crazy kiddos
J -- 9/04
L -- 11/10
E -- 7/15

Re: A warning if you order from Pottery Barn Kids

• mnj05mnj05 member
    I had a similar experience with the diaper bag I ordered but it was remedied very quickly and I received it. Mine wasn't a sale item though so that is probably a huge difference. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I hadn't ordered from them before the bag either.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Wow!!! Listing an item as in stock when they are on back order, wtf...... Exactly why I hate placing orders online!
  • Loading the player...
  • MEXARABMEXARAB member
    I love PBK stuff but they have the worse customer service and the stuff is just not worth it! I registered for my first with them and the animal towels I got were so adorable! But when I washed them they shredded in different sections! The quality is horrible!! The towels I got from Babys r us are two years old and no problems with them!
  • This happened to me with them as well with them. It's very frustrating!!!
  • crf4crf4 member
    Call a local store! Honestly, tell them what online did and they will do everything in their power to get you those sheets.
  • crf4 said:

Call a local store! Honestly, tell them what online did and they will do everything in their power to get you those sheets.

Our local store is an hour away, which is why I ordered online. And the lady on the phone was nice enough to see if any of their stores had them in stock and they don't.

That's why it's so ridiculous! Being listed as in stock on their site, having 400 people waiting for them, and yet they're not even on order!

Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15

• qtjo5qtjo5 member
    Get your money back at this point. Your baby will outgrow the crib by the time the sheets show up lol
  • qtjo5 said:

Get your money back at this point. Your baby will outgrow the crib by the time the sheets show up lol

Thankfully PBK doesn't charge you until the order is shipped, so canceling was easy.
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15

• MEXARABMEXARAB member
    FYI Nordstrom has some cute sheets
  • I had a registry with PBK and toys r us...both of them nightmares! I have had to fight with them both over one thing or another. So frustrating!!!