January 2016 Moms

18 DPO with 346 hcg

I have only missed my period by 3-4 days and went into my OB office to get a blood test (my first pregnancy was high risk with s birth defect, I'm paranoid). The nurse said my hcg is only at "346 which is low" and I should go back in on Monday to check my hcg again. I don't have a lot of knowledge about hcg levels but thought this number for as early as I am to be appropriate. Thoughts?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi There! There is such a huge range of normal. What you really want to see is your HCG number doubling every two days or so. Once you reach a number of 3000 it takes a little longer than 2 days to double. I only mention that because I got nervous when mine started doubling every 2.5 days or so and after doing some research I figured out that as the number gets higher it can take longer to double. ;)
    Best of luck to you and keep us posted. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your input, ladies! I will post my next results on Tuesday.
  • This sort of makes me miss the beginning of my last pregnancy when I was still with my RE. The frequent blood checks and appointments made everything so reassuring. This time, now that things are "normal" I get no information! So frustrating!
    TTC 2009-2011, Clomid-IUI #4 on 4/26/11 --> B/G Twins Emmett and Miranda 10/27/11 at 28w3d
    Surprise BFP 5/7/15!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My follow up blood test showed numbers above 1800 after about 90 hours. I am doubling at a normal schedule. I feel a ton better now, thank you for all your replies!!
  • Great news!!
  • I am 5 wks 2 days and RE just called to say my hug is 1425 and seemed pleased with it. They went ahead and scheduled my first ultrasound. I think there is just a HUGE range for what is considered "normal"