1st Trimester
Options

Symptoms VS Doctor

My doctor told me it's too early to be having some of the symptoms in having but isn't each body different?

I'm due for my period this week. But last week I had and still have nausea and dull adominal aches.
I've been so tired but if I try to sleep at night it just doesn't happen. I'm hungry all the time but nothing sounds appealing. I had fire nipples they are so tender some days while others are more bareable than others boobs are a lot fuller.

May be PMS someone help?
Haven't taken test yet because I wanted to wait until first missed period.

Re: Symptoms VS Doctor

• Options
    you won't know until your period is missed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @macattack15 I figured so I rather do it after a missed period. That way I'm not stressing myself out
  • Options
    Symptom spotting isn't helpful and means nothing. Your doctor is right. If the symptoms are from pregnancy then you'd turn a positive test. No one here can tell you if you're pregnant since that seems to be what you're asking so either wait it out or POAS.
  • Options
    delujm0delujm0 member
    ohdearyme said:

My doctor told me it's too early to be having some of the symptoms in having but isn't each body different?

I'm due for my period this week. But last week I had and still have nausea and dull adominal aches.
    I've been so tired but if I try to sleep at night it just doesn't happen. I'm hungry all the time but nothing sounds appealing. I had fire nipples they are so tender some days while others are more bareable than others boobs are a lot fuller.

May be PMS someone help?
    Haven't taken test yet because I wanted to wait until first missed period.

I will reiterate that no one and nothing but a test can tell you if you're pregnant. But I do agree with your doctor...a week before your missed period is way too early to have severe pregnancy symptoms. The egg would implant about a week before your missed period and only after that happens will hcg start to be produced. Hcg is what causes symptoms and it takes some time to build up enough of it for anything to happen.

You may have PMS or a stomach bug. You may be pregnant but those symptoms are unrelated to pregnancy. Way too early.
  • Options

Take a test and then you'll know. There are tests that can tell you before you've missed your period

• Options
    I knew I was pregnant (okay, I highly suspected I was) about a week before my missed period would have started. It felt like severe PMS- boobs hurt more than usual, felt crampy, bloated like crazy (none of my pants fit!) had bad cramps after sex, and had a *huge* emotional meltdown over nothing. Plus- and this sounds crazy- but I just knew. My bf could tell, too. I think I took a test 3 days or so after my period was supposed to start and it was positive. 
  • Options
    jenbstevensjenbstevens member
    edited May 2015
    I think many of us thought we were pregnant before the positive test, but I thought so the month before too, but I wasn't actually pregnant. When you're ttc you are always hopeful and see every "symptom" as meaningful, and when you're actually pregnant, they just might be, or they might not be. Several times I had a "gut feeling" but that's called hope.

Sore boobs and other symptoms can be period or pregnancy, there is no way to know until you turn a test. I will say however that there is almost no way there is enough HCG in your system that early to have severe nausea and exhaustion.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I think many of us thought we were pregnant before the positive test, but I thought so the month before too, but I wasn't actually pregnant. When you're ttc you are always hopeful and see every "symptom" as meaningful, and when you're actually pregnant, they just might be, or they might not be. Several times I had a "gut feeling" but that's called hope.

Sore boobs and other symptoms can be period or pregnancy, there is no way to know until you turn a test. I will say however that there is almost no way there is enough HCG in your system that early to have severe nausea and exhaustion.

This. I haven't been pregnant yet, but last month I thought I was for sure. Excessive cramps, back pain, blah blah blah, and then my period started. 
  • Options
    I started cramping but its more of twinges. I'm to scared to even take a test. As for HCG being too high, I miscarried in November and I had all those over emotional, exhaustion, and loss appetite. I turned a test a week and 3 day before my missed period went to a doc tor and couldnt turn a test got a blood test and my levels where already dropping I wasn't expecting it even when they told me to expect the worst, was still devastated during my er visit.

Here i am with severe insomnia and when i do sleep its weird dreams and interrupted. Headaches, thirsty all the time. Im going to test in a couple days and see if I get my BFP.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.

But insomnia like what your describing seems far more like it's anxiety based then pregnancy. And even if it were caused by hormone fluctuations due to pregnancy, you could turn a test now.
  • Options

I'm sorry for your loss.

But insomnia like what your describing seems far more like it's anxiety based then pregnancy. And even if it were caused by hormone fluctuations due to pregnancy, you could turn a test now.

This. If the symptoms you have are pregnancy based then you'd get a positive result immediately. Without a positive, the symptoms don't indicate pregnancy.
  • Options
    My aunt was very weird....she was pregnant five times....and everytime knew the next day or the day after...and was never wrong...I didn't believe her till I saw it myself...she came up to me and was like I'm pregnant and it happened last night...I didn't believe her so I went with her to the doctor and according to the estimator she was right....her personality did a complete 180 overnight each and every time....we'd just look at her and be like...you're pregnant...
  • Options

My aunt was very weird....she was pregnant five times....and everytime knew the next day or the day after...and was never wrong...I didn't believe her till I saw it myself...she came up to me and was like I'm pregnant and it happened last night...I didn't believe her so I went with her to the doctor and according to the estimator she was right....her personality did a complete 180 overnight each and every time....we'd just look at her and be like...you're pregnant...

Are you saying she knew the day after she had sex?  The egg wouldn't have implanted yet, so that's completely impossible.  She may have had a 'feeling' but it certainly wasn't pregnancy related because science.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Options
    Having a lot of CM, creamy, i usually dont have this before my periods. Im usually bone dry and its hard to have sex because of it. Ive had mild cramping today but nothing like my pms cramps. Still haven't tested, guess I couldnt deal with disappointment if it was a negative. On plus side will be calling to request blood test orders if AF isn't here in the morning. Im sorta excited. My cycle is always on time or a day early i will be 2 day gone tomorrow.

Hoping for good news.
  • Options
    ohdearyme said:

Having a lot of CM, creamy, i usually dont have this before my periods. Im usually bone dry and its hard to have sex because of it. Ive had mild cramping today but nothing like my pms cramps. Still haven't tested, guess I couldnt deal with disappointment if it was a negative. On plus side will be calling to request blood test orders if AF isn't here in the morning. Im sorta excited. My cycle is always on time or a day early i will be 2 day gone tomorrow.

Hoping for good news.

Why do you need a blood test? .
  • Options
    ohdearymeohdearyme member
    edited May 2015
    My pregnancy last time?
    I miscarried in november and I'm pretty torn about it still.
    I saw the test a positive test a week and a half before AF was due. went for a test in
    clinic it was negative had to get a blood test and they congratulated me. week later i was crushed.
     I was told I'd be high risk I had to get a shot for RH factor? they aren't sure if anti bodies were created.
    So I rather have a blood test for further analysis if I am.
    Safe than sorry.
    @christym87
  • Options
    Wow @delujm0
    A waste of a doctors time? Really?
    And my time? Insensitive much?
    A concern for ones self and a potential being is not a waste.
  • Options
    Not that anyone is being insensitive, just honest. The doctors office will ask you if you've received a positive test at home. If you say 'no' and that you'd rather just go straight for the bloodwork, they will most likely tell you to take the at home test first and then call back. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    Ladies enjoy your pregnancies.
  • Options
    ohdearyme said:

Wow @delujm0

She wasn't being insensitive. She was being honest and realistic.

You haven't gotten a positive test yet. That's what it all comes down to. All of this symptom spotting means nada. Nothing. So yes, wanting to go to the doctor to be treated as if you are pregnant is a waste of time.
  • Options
    delujm0delujm0 member
    Wow @delujm0 A waste of a doctors time? Really? And my time? Insensitive much? A concern for ones self and a potential being is not a waste.

This is why the healthcare system in the US is so messed up...people are taking up valuable doctor time and appointments that others might actually NEED for something that can be easily screened for at home.

Your doctor will likely refuse to do a blood test if you haven't received a positive HPT result at home first.  Because that is how this works.  In fact, if you insist on going to the doctor before testing at home first, the doctor will make you pee in a cup when you arrive and charge you 10 times what a drug store would to use an HPT to screen you before ordering bloodwork.  this is how it works.  i understand you want to be pregnant, we've all been there.  but until you have a positive HPT in your hands, or you haven't had a period for 60 days, there is no reason to call your doctor.

As i said, because of your history of loss, i'm sure that as soon as you have a positive HPT your doctor will want to see you and order bloodwork.  But ordering bloodwork for sport isn't really what doctors do.  What you want to do is take up the time of a doctor, a nurse or technician to take your blood, and the lab workers who would test your blood just to get the same response that peeing on a $1 stick at home will get you.  that is preposterous.

• Options
    Welp took the test got my BFP not as excited as I thought Id be. Im in shock that I was right... it turned dark as soon as i put the second drop on.

Now what...
  • Options
    delujm0delujm0 member
    ohdearyme said:

Welp took the test got my BFP not as excited as I thought Id be. Im in shock that I was right... it turned dark as soon as i put the second drop on.

Now what...

NOW you can call your doctor. Congratulations.
  • Options
    ohdearyme said:

Now what...

You probably freaked yourself out a bit over the build up to taking the test. But congratulations! Go call your doctor and then try to process the news :)
  • Options
    nlwz123nlwz123 member
    ohdearyme said:

Wow @delujm0

Sorry, but yes, it is a waste.  Do you know what the actual costs of labs are?  An at home pregnancy test is at most, like $10.  

To give you some perspective, I had my progesterone levels drawn, checked to see if I'm a carrier of cystic fibrosis, and Thyroid levels checked.  Statement was for over $800 (obviously I didn't pay that much because I have insurance).  It's a huge cost to have labs drawn and analyzed.  

You get your blood drawn AFTER a confirmed pregnancy test.  Period.
    ohdearyme said:

Now what...

Now you know you are pregnant.  See how that worked?

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Lol.
    I adore sarcasm
  • Options
    Congratulations! I knew pretty much right after implantation that I was pregnant. Emotional, crampy. Cue BFP. Periods are irregular but based on my dating ultrasound my symptoms started pretty soon after implantation.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersPregnancy Ticker