Trouble TTC
Options

Male Fertility Issues...

Hello Ladies!!!!
   I decided to open this discussion because although I've read some personal stories about the struggle with MFI, I feel like it hasn't really been discussed that much on here. My husband and I have been struggling with this issue for 3 years. We've had two failed IUI and just don't know what to do anymore. A lot of people have advised us to go the IVF route but righ now that just isn't an option for us. What has been your experience? What treatments have u decided on? Supplements? Accupuncture?  Amount of abstinence days to improve count and motility? Timing on fertility drugs, trigger shots, procedures? Any success? Please share ur experiences. I know it would be easier to read them on one post instead of searching through them all.

Anniversary
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
PitaPata Dog tickers
Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
TTC #1: Since July 2012
Me: PCOS
DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
Started with RE 10/14
IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

Re: Male Fertility Issues...

• Options
    Although I don't have personal experience with MFI, I know a lot of people who do.   This is one of those areas where supplements and meds do seem to have an impact.    Does your DH have an underlying dx?   Has he seen a urologist?

I'm not really that into a whole lot of supplements but I know that some people have seen improvement after using Fertility Blend for a couple of months.   Others have used Clomid (yes the same Clomid that we take)  with success but I'm not sure when Clomid would be appropriate, etc.

Hopefully some others will have more details to share...

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    FLY106FLY106 member
    edited May 2015
    RE can't find a reason why his numbers are so low. He's had all sorts of tests and everything's come back normal. My DH was on Clomid for 3 months and his count only improved by 100,000. RE changed it to Femara and after 3 months his count improved to 10M. He then combined Femara with Fertility Blend and that upped his count to 15M. Thinking about having him go back to using Fertility Blend combined with other supplements. Trying to put together a list with suggested amounts. He did see an urologist but after Clomid didn't improve his count much, he referred him to RE. 

Anniversary
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
    Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
    TTC #1: Since July 2012
    Me: PCOS
    DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
    Started with RE 10/14
    IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
    IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
    Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited May 2015
    It must be so frustrating to have no diagnosis to explain these counts!  If you've already done Clomid and Femara etc  then  I'm sure that you've already done the standard things like exploring his diet, removing BPA plastics and things like that.

I can see why they would lean toward IVF but that is so freaking expensive, it's just so wrong that it's not mandated to be covered by insurance in every state.  

I do think that the Fertility Blend couldn't hurt.   I'm glad that your DH responded to the Femara.   Maybe the two together might give you the boost you need, but I'm only guessing here.  I wish I better advice to offer...

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    Hi There! So we had the same issue. My husband went in for a test (after 6 days of abstaining), and his count and motility came back on the low end. We were referred to a urologist, who asked us to do another test, and told us to buy a product called 'Fertile Aid'. My husband went back after 2 weeks of taking the product, and did another test (after 3 days of abstaining). The count came back in normal range. My husband is going back in 6 months for another reading, just to have a better baseline on what is happening.

The urologist did say that sperm is housed in the system for 72 days... so anything can impact the count- even as far back as that. Don't get disheartened, have him go to the urologist and ask them for advice!! Good luck!!
  • Options
    I just want to say thank you all for this feed. I'm having a heart break again tonight. It's still 2 days early to test but I gave in and did an got yet another bfn tonight. My official test is sat am. With our iui this month I produced two follies that my re said were high quality based on my horemones but DH had a count of only 1.7million this month. It was 3million last month. Not to mention he has motility and morphology problems. I'm so frusterated that I'm finally responding to drugs and I feel like everything is still failing. He was started on fertil pro after our iui but maybe there is hope for something more? I feel like we are being pushed in the ivf direction and we can't afford that this year. I'm in a bad place tonight.
  • Options
    Fly106 what were your husbands doses and how long did he take the femara and clomid? As in everyday or Bly for a few at a time?
  • Options
    jnissajnissa member
    Hi, @boogaloou - There's always hope with still two days left. Keep your chin up. 

FX that it turns, sending creepy internet hugs. 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!