December 2015 Moms

Brown discharge, on Progesterone

edited May 2015 in December 2015 Moms
Hello ladies,

I am 7w1d, and have been on 200mg of Progesterone tablets, 3x daily, since I had a miscarriage in January. Had minor spotting during implantation for one day (2 weeks ago), but this morning my discharge from the medication was a light brownish pink.

Has anyone had that and was everything okay? Naturally I'm scared of having another m/c. Made a doctors apt for tomorrow.

I have no cramping, which is a good sign. And still super nauseous.

Re: Brown discharge, on Progesterone

• nik6499nik6499 member
    Are you taking this orally, vaginally?
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Any advice/comments would be appreciated :)
  • nik6499nik6499 member
    I believe discharge is common with vaginal insert
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • I've had discharge since the beginning, but is brownish pink discharge normal?
  • I heard it's common. I am on the gel inserts of crinone. You can have discharges that come in all colors. I was told to only worry if you have bright red. Mine has been mostly white but some is brown. I just take that as a sign that it's time to clean it out. They usually don't tell you, or maybe it's different with a pill taken vaginally, but you have to clean it up every three days or so. If you let it build up the progesterone won't be able to be absorbed and get to where it's needed. However, this could be different with a vaginally inserted pill.
    mc April '14, September '14
    chemical pregnancy February '15

Rainbow baby EDD 12/19/15
  • Implantation occurs 7-10 dpo, so at 5 wks that would not have been implantation bleeding. Brown discharge is ok, as long as it's not bright, heavy red with cramping it sounds ok. I know it's nerve wracking. Sex or any cervical irritation can also cause brown spotting.
  • neanerbeaner4neanerbeaner4 member
    edited May 2015
    Also, I was told that it can sometimes be pink because it is irritating the lining of your uterus. Also, I think, another sign that it's time "clean shop." But also, this is with the gel, I'm not sure about with the pill form. It could have the same side effects.

Lots of also's.
    mc April '14, September '14
    chemical pregnancy February '15

Rainbow baby EDD 12/19/15
  • Thank you for all the information ladies. I'm feeling much better about it now.
  • Hi ladies - bumping up this post as I would love some insight from those with experience on Crinone/progesterone suppositories.

I started Crinone 8% 1x daily for IC at 16 wks (3 days ago). Basically my MFM is trying to avoid cerclage since I also have a subchorionic hematoma.

My question is actually about watery discharge. I woke this morning to the typical white "goo" and moments later had a small gush of liquid discharge/fluid: clear, no smell, maybe 1/2 tsp worth. I'm a bit worried that perhaps my membrane ruptured, but I've been monitoring for about 45 min and no additional liquid has come out and I don't feel anything that indicates contractions. The drug info pamphlet mentions "vaginal discharge" as a common side effect but doesn't go into great detail!