April 2014 Moms
Options

Rash after 12mo shots?

edited May 2015 in April 2014 Moms
The pedi warned us that she might get a full body rash after her MMR, and she did. Is it ok for us to be out and about? I know she can't be around immune compromised people, so I'm thinking we should probably stay home for now?
ETA: I called the pedi, but waiting for a return call.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rash after 12mo shots?

• Options
    kmos816kmos816 member
    I'm sure it's fine- just got back from the pedi and they didn't mention she would need to stay home if she got a rash
  • Options
    My son had the rash too. Completely harmless and not contagious.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My son had the rash too. Completely harmless and not contagious.

Did he have a high fever before getting it? She had a 104 fever on Sunday night. I'm assuming she was trying to fight off the rash, since she had no other sick symptoms.
  • Options
    He had a low grade fever and was SUPER tired. That's pretty high. I would be concerned. Good thing you called the Ped. The rash itself is harmless but not sure about the fever that high...sorry I'm no help...
  • Options
    We had no reaction....how odd...
  • Options
    Not contagious at all. DD didn't have any reaction, but the doctor had told us that fever and rash were both perfectly normal and safe to be around people.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My son did get a rash about 12 days after. I asked my doctor about it being contagious because I got a similar rash on my arm at the same time. He said it had to be a coincidence because it is in no way contagious. he did not get a fever.
  • Options
    LolaX2LolaX2 member
    DD had a low fever and developed a rash about 10 days later. apparently it is supposed to be rare but completely normal if it does happen and is not contagious. DD had the rash for a little over 24 hours and was fine. I read that if a baby does have this mild reaction to the MMR the rash can appear any time from 3-21 days after the injection, but commonly it will appear around day 10.